mafeistswiss
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Martin

Re: New York City X

Post by mafeistswiss »

Hi,
what ever that means: "cfg tweaks in your sim?"
I have 36 FPS (3x FullHD Beamer with 210 Degree Viusal arround my Nose Section), running on a I9 10900k, with an Nvidea 1080TI
AIG Traffic running. This Setup is fine for all other Aiports / Sceneries I have ...

Martin
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Martin, thanks for your feedback.

Some people are playing with some settings / entries in prepar3d.cfg to supposedly boost performance - that's why I was asking if you changed anything in this file, but I understand you don't.

We probably need to take a look if we are able to replicate such problem in our environment - the last update was released in 2020 and was fully compatible with p3d v5. We need to check whether it might be something wrong in p3d v5.3 :roll:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The product should look exactly as on promo shots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm

Some buildings have only the "ambient" lighting indeed. In your case it looks a bit worse indeed, however, this might be related to the limited contrast of the projectors in your cockpit. Despite that, I do not see any obvious bugs there.
Blaunarwal
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Dan

Post by Blaunarwal »

I have following problem in NY

I have only New York Airports 2 and New York City X v2 in use.

The bridge from default scenery seems ok.

Removing New York City X removes the ugly structure.

It looks like another object with wrong texture is on the same place. Any idea?

Kind regards

Dan
Blaunarwal
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Blaunarwal »

If I remove NYCityv2_PLC.bgl the problem goes away. So it's an object in this file but in Whisplacer I can't see an object there.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Which sim version? Is our scenery on top of the scenery library? Any other addons for this area?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It looks correctly, it was designed in that way.
Blaunarwal
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Blaunarwal »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 28 Mar 2022, 08:13 It looks correctly, it was designed in that way.
Are we talking about the same picture? The first picture, on the left, the black ramp, which should be a railway bridge with brick colums according to Google Streetview. The default bridge leeds to the ground, what is not realistic but this ramp to cover the bridge with a black texture and some undefineable distortions on it, can't be serious your products standard, isn't it?
Blaunarwal
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Blaunarwal »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 27 Mar 2022, 21:40 Which sim version? Is our scenery on top of the scenery library? Any other addons for this area?
Latest P3D5, yes on top of the library. No other addons except NY Airports from DD. That's the reason I bought this stuff, to have it from one hand all together.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Blaunarwal wrote: Monday 28 Mar 2022, 14:43 Are we talking about the same picture?
Yes, we are talking about the same picture.
You see, standards change over the years... What was good back in 2012, does not seem good in 2022. At least the shape of the ramp is more realistic since it is based on photogrammetry.
Currently, the most realistic version of NY you can find in the default photogrammetry of MSFS.
Blaunarwal
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Blaunarwal »

Well even 10 years ago, it was possible to make bridges transparent between colums, see the default part. I think problem was to enhance the default bridge with this extension. Not really a good compromise.

I removed NYCityv2_PLC.bgl and this bridge cover bridge is removed and I have the default bridge, sloping down to ground. Do you remember what other objects are in this file, which I remove with this step. In the scenery, I did not miss something, so I'm asking.

Dan
Blaunarwal
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Blaunarwal »

What objects are in this file, from which library? I think it is not from one of the scenery libraries, couldn't find these GUIDS anywhere.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Blaunarwal wrote: Wednesday 30 Mar 2022, 16:30 Well even 10 years ago, it was possible to make bridges transparent between colums
Negative, and even in modern MSFS photogrammetry bridges are not transparent between the columns.
Blaunarwal wrote: Wednesday 30 Mar 2022, 16:30 Do you remember what other objects are in this file
I am afraid I do not, unfortunately.