New York City XP

Latest version: v1.6 (2018)

kyran05
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Kyran

Re: New York City XP

Post by kyran05 »

who do i need to contact for an issue with this product?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please write your question here.
usachtis
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: jb

Post by usachtis »

Hello & hank you for all the good work (I have purchased several of your products via xplane.org and they are nicely done!. Yet, on NY city XP V2, I have an unusual issue with texture rendering. I am using xenviro for the clouds and when it is on. the graphics look really weird and dark. Would you or anyone have any idea on this please? thank you

screenshots with xenviro: files with "bad" in the file name
screenshots without xenviro (OFF): files with "good" in file name

See attachements.
Thanks,
jb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid we've never used or tested this addon with our scenery. Probably the better option is to contact with xenviro developer.
usachtis
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: jb

Post by usachtis »

OK no worries. thanks!
alexmish
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: AlexM

Post by alexmish »

Hi, I've just purchased this from simmarket.com, and installed it into X-Plane 11.55 (on Windows) using your executable installer.

I also have New York Airports v2 XP (or whatever the latest version - purchased just couple of days ago, too)

I've noticed couple of issues:

1. There are two Verrazano bridges in the scenery
2. There is a missing bridge - the Route 78 bridge that goes from the Jersey City and the mainland, right next to the KEWR airport.

None of the above issues exist if I disable your NYC scenery (but keep your airports scenery)... - e.g., the Verazzano is no longer duplicated, and the rt 78 bridge comes back (it seems to be default Xplane scenery bridge, quite ugly btw!)

I have the graphics settings all on maximum.

Please advise on how to troubleshoot!
alexmish
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by alexmish »

alexmish wrote: Saturday 12 Feb 2022, 00:30 Hi, I've just purchased this from simmarket.com, and installed it into X-Plane 11.55 (on Windows) using your executable installer.

I also have New York Airports v2 XP (or whatever the latest version - purchased just couple of days ago, too)

I've noticed couple of issues:

1. There are two Verrazano bridges in the scenery
2. There is a missing bridge - the Route 78 bridge that goes from the Jersey City and the mainland, right next to the KEWR airport.

None of the above issues exist if I disable your NYC scenery (but keep your airports scenery)... - e.g., the Verazzano is no longer duplicated, and the rt 78 bridge comes back (it seems to be default Xplane scenery bridge, quite ugly btw!)

I have the graphics settings all on maximum.

Please advise on how to troubleshoot!
Quick update
1. Disabling the default SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/ eliminated a duplicate of the Verazzano bridge , but it didn't bring back the rt 78 bridge
2. I am attaching my scenery_pack.ini file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thank you for your report. Can you also provide the log.txt file and the screenshot of a default bridge to be absolutely sure that we're talking about the same object?

It might be that this second bridge was omitted by us or we did the wrong exclusion. But in such the case probably we will consider adding it as soon as the next version will be coming.
alexmish
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by alexmish »

Here is the picture of the missing (actually two!) bridges. The left one is vehicle bridge, and the right one rail road bridge. These bridges are very important for the EWR/Rwy 29 approach as they are used as visual reference in the turn-to-the-final procedure.
Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 11.04.58 AM.png
alexmish
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by alexmish »

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 IRL.jpg
alexmish
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by alexmish »

BTW, this scenery added what was missing!

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... s-helipad/
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks - we need to take a look. And thanks for sharing the temporary solution with the community.
747Incredibles

Post by 747Incredibles »

Dear Drzewiecki,
I spent an amount of money, in good faith, to purchase Windows Drzewiecki-NY-v2-Volume 1 two days ago via X-Plane.org.

My previous X-Plane add-on purchases, from other content creators, installed easily, without problems.

Your installation was also easy but placing myself in X-Plane at any of the three airports included in the package shows no scenery whatever, except jet bridges. All static aircraft and buildings show void space (there is nothing there to see).

Because I spent money in good faith and cannot contact the creators by any other means, I'm asking for a solution here. After a significant expense, I do not think it reasonable that customers are requested then to also spend their valuable time sifting through forums for solutions to basic problems not of their making. The content creator should make it very easy for the customer to obtain a solution, or a refund, without any further unreasonable investments of time or money.

Perhaps your packages could in future do customers the convenience of including a readme.txt file, containing solutions to your most common installation problems? I can't find any such solutions in NY_Airports_v2_XP_KJFK-KLGA-KTEB Windows.pdf, only three lines on installation and much information on features of the scenery, presumably for when installation works. BTW: I have rebuilt the scenery initialisation file as recommended. Another noted problem is that the installer states it places charts and a manual under a Drzewiecki folder within the Windows Start menu... that folder also does not appear, in a similar fashion to non-appearance of the scenery itself.

I apologise for being upset... it's inconvenient to spend money in good faith, to not receive promised goods and then be forced to go through a lengthy contact process, in a public forum, in an attempt to salvage the purchase.

Wishing all my fellow flight simmers loads of fun and easier installations :-)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please go to Settings and move the Number of Objects slider to Normal or higher.
Capitano_Rodolfo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Capitano_Rodolfo

Post by Capitano_Rodolfo »

Hi, I have no big experience in sceneries a.s.o. but I lost my former kind of view, especially around and in the central park.
I attach the log, and a screenshot. What could be the problem?
Any help is very appreciated

thats the actual scenery-pack.ini:

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK C:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_City_XP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX Installer/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/