New York City XP

Latest version: v1.6 (2018)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: New York City XP

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. There is no autogen. Perhaps it is turned off in the settings?
Capitano_Rodolfo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Capitano_Rodolfo

Post by Capitano_Rodolfo »

Hi, I found the reason: While transferring x-plain folders to a bigger SSD some part of the global scenery was not transferred (I am a little bit stupid, no wonder with 73 years...). I uploaded now the american continent and - what surprise! - even driving trucks on the higway... everything was as it was before the transfer.

On the other hand, half of the Central Park (northern part) now has autogen, but southern part only ortho-photo.
20230128_123121.jpg
20230128_133219.jpg
20230128_133146.jpg

Is that normal?
Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, it's not normal and there shouldn't be such a difference. It's hard to determine what is causing this in your case.
Torbin
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Ned_Torbin

Post by Torbin »

Hello, is X-Plane still a platform that DD plans to make/update airports for?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Currently, we are not working on it, which does not mean - we won't.
frasb001
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: frasb1

Post by frasb001 »

hello, I have issues with New-York city. Is take too much time to load, more than 10 minutes.
When I flight to New-York city area my flight go to low FPS and stop or freeze for more the 5 to 10 minute to load and resume the flight.
If I start a flight at airport near New-York city, take 5 to 10 minute to load the flight.
This happen last month before no issues?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello, if everything worked properly and suddenly it started to be significantly worse, that means that something else interfered with our scenery.
Have you installed any other addon in the meantime or did any changes in XP?
Please share your log.txt and scenery_packs.ini as a zip here- we can take a look, but definitely, you should think about what was changed in XP since it's working fine.
frasb001
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by frasb001 »

Hello and thank you,
I did some purchase on ORBX time to time and ORBX install the scenery I bought.
Now I looking for Warsaw plus all 3 packages airport in Poland, before I would like to solve NY.
I joint my scenery log.
I hope there a solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

You didn't share the log.txt file, so I cannot check it.
I also do not know what PC specs you have.
In the scenery_packs.ini I see that you also have a lot of New York airports with many animations, so for sure they have a huge impact on the loading time and sim performance in a such demanding area. You have a combo of our New Your City XP with the sceneries, which were not created by us. So, we have no clue how they interact with each other.
frasb001
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by frasb001 »

You can not see the log, of the scenery? it is not the good one or you can get access on it?
I am not very good in this Mather, you need the log in the X-plane 11? main file or the scenery log?

B.Fraser
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

frasb001, it seems like you are writing about a similar problem in 3 topics...
frasb001
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by frasb001 »

Yes I did 3 time, I am not familiar with the forum way, I really not understand to put my issue in public view.
Normally when I got issue I send message via email and get good support. Here I do not know who answer to me, just a name and it is working from Drzewiecki Desing?
I try to get help and the answer I got, look strait forward and cold, because I did not give something who answer to me did not get! (some file).
I just need with comprehension I am not a guru in this Mather and need to get assistance and guidance in mind we are not all at the same level....!
For a lot of scenery I purchase only 3 time I got issues and I got a very good guidance to helping me to fix the issues.
mostly is easy instruction put that file in custom scenery and they work.
Just need help to assist me to fix the NY issues the other are fix now.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The log.txt file is a diagnostic tool within X-Plane. Every time you run the simulator, this file captures detailed information about that session, including any errors, warnings, or important events. Whenever you're seeking assistance on forums or from developers, it's important to attach this file to your report, right after the issue occurs

Where to find the Log.txt file?
1. Navigate to the folder where you've installed X-Plane.
2. Inside this directory, you'll find the Log.txt file.

Regarding your issue with New York addons, I believe it's caused by the fact that you have a lot of sceneries installed for this very demanding area. In your scenery_packs.ini I saw many airports from the other developers, some including huge number of animations. I don't know your PC specs, but I can imagine that it's too much for your simulator, the more that these sceneries are from different developers and might not be fully compatible.
frasb001
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by frasb001 »

@martin_starski, Do you have any idea what to do?
I try with with removing all airport scenery in NY area and still the same. the pc go correctly with all other Drzewiecki scenery every where with lot of scenery.
May be order of scenery is not correctly in position?
They working fine before but suddenly very long to load, when is load they work fine! I can not remember after witch scenery I bought this is start.
Some idea?

B. Fraser
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

frasb001 wrote: Sunday 07 Apr 2024, 23:08 Do you have any idea what to do?
it's always good to rebuild the scenerypacks.ini (do the backup - just in case) - I heard that slow loading occasionally happens when the loading sequence has changed.
As you mentioned, everything was working fine and it started to happen suddenly, so I would imagine that the impact comes from the 3rd party addon, a new plugin or you maybe changed something in the simulator settings. There are many options and you have a lot of sceneries, so I can't say which one impacts this long-loading process. Maybe something from Orbx or Ortho, but this is only my free presumption.
One possible thing to do is to disable everything you do not want in the scenery_packs.ini by placing SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED before every Scenery / Custom scenery you have. I mean - make sure that the Disabled statement/text is in the same line i.e. SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/.
Leave active the main XP entries and NY City XP and then re-enable them one by one. Maybe you will be able to see which one is generating a difference.