Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Is it the constant problem or only after arrival?

Does it happen after the update of P3D?

Have you tried to reinstall the scenery? From which store do you have it?

In next days I will take a look how does it look like in my sim. But I am almost sure that everything was fine.
nmahink
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Nafsir

Post by nmahink »

I've been having this issue since P3D v5.2 came out, I did the normal updates to 5.3 HF2 as mentioned in the LM website, I even did clean new CFG file. I purchased from Simmarket, yes I did a full reinstall of the scenery. I'm also having this same issue with RJAA.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

nmahink wrote: Monday 31 Jan 2022, 21:00 since P3D v5.2 came out
Sorry, I have the newly-installed P3D version and I cannot confirm your report - everything looks normal in case of dynamic lighting:

There must be something else, which is causing your problem, but it's hard to say what. Which options have you chosen during the installation process?
nmahink
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by nmahink »

Apologies for the late response.

I select the following for KSEA

"Dynamic lights"
"Install Airport detail"
"Install the airport"
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

To be very honest I have no idea what is causing your problem - I checked it on vanilla version of P3D and everything works fine. Maybe other addon or some other files? Is our scenery on top of scenery library?
nmahink
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by nmahink »

I haven't been able to pinpoint any another add ons, I moved it to the top and still the same issue when landing at KSEA, the dynamics lights still don't light up at the main terminal. But the other airports in the Seattle region do dynamic lights working upon arrival at the airport.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm truly sorry - at the moment we have no clue. As you could have seen on my screenshots, we are not able to replicate your problem.
Jerrymc3
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jerry

Post by Jerrymc3 »

I installed Seattle Airports X into P3Dv5.3 but the airport buildings are missing. I have Orbx Pacific Northwest scenery installed but Seattle Airports X worked with that in P3Dv4.5.

[The screenshot link is wrong. Please provide a working link. You may upload your pic here: https://imgbb.com/ /SD]
Philipp EDDF
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Philipp

Post by Philipp EDDF »

Jerrymc3 wrote: Saturday 12 Mar 2022, 00:07 I installed Seattle Airports X into P3Dv5.3 but the airport buildings are missing. I have Orbx Pacific Northwest scenery installed but Seattle Airports X worked with that in P3Dv4.5.

[The screenshot link is wrong. Please provide a working link. You may upload your pic here: https://imgbb.com/ /SD]
Hi,
I am having exact the same problems sometimes. Buildings are missing on all airports and autogen disappears all around the airports. When reloading the scenery/situation, sometimes it will solve the issues. I have Orbx Pacific NW and Orbx TE Washington installed.
This did not happen in the past so I think it is an issue of P3Dv5.3.
Thanks
Philipp
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Philipp EDDF wrote: Tuesday 15 Mar 2022, 22:14 Buildings are missing on all airports
Jerrymc3 wrote: Saturday 12 Mar 2022, 00:07 he airport buildings are missing
Does it mean that all airport buildings are not visible? Can you post the screenshot via https://imgbb.com/ please?

Please check if you don't have any duplicated entries in the scenery library - just to make sure that his is not the point in this case.

From which store do you have your version of Seattle Airports X and is it the last 1.4? Where is it placed in the scenery library vs other ORBX entries? We've never tested our scenery with Orbx Pacific NW and Orbx TE Washington, but probably ORBX did it - can you check if there is no such issue when their products are inactive?
Philipp EDDF
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Philipp

Post by Philipp EDDF »

Good morning,

I think that I found the reason!

It seems like issues occur if texture resolution is set very high in P3D.

My settings were at 15 cm and i reduced it down to 1m and all issues are gone!

Maybe Orbx TE is relating to higher LOD ground textures that caused the issues? This could explain why issues occured even though Seattle Airports were placed on top of the scenery library. Now Orbx TE and Seattle Airports work together but I will keep on checking.

Best

Philipp
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for sharing.
Joseph29
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Joseph

Post by Joseph29 »

Is there any news on the fix for the default taxi signs showing in P3D v5.3? I tried a exclude file from iniBuilds and that got rid of the signs, but it messed the taxiways. When my plane taxied down the taxiway it was kicking up dust and rocks like it was taxing on dirt. I did not keep the iniBuilds exclude file.
Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Wise87 »

Joseph29 wrote: Saturday 02 Apr 2022, 13:01 Is there any news on the fix for the default taxi signs showing in P3D v5.3? I tried a exclude file from iniBuilds and that got rid of the signs, but it messed the taxiways. When my plane taxied down the taxiway it was kicking up dust and rocks like it was taxing on dirt. I did not keep the iniBuilds exclude file.
I'm also waiting for a fix for the taxiway signs @ KSEA and the planes sitting below the ground unless you set mesh to 19m @ KRNT. Even though this has been an on going issue, I seriously doubt this will be addressed as support has shifted to 2020. P3D users are left to live with it.

FYI, Only Orbx for this area is Base, and NA LC.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Such problem didn't exist when we released this product. But all reports are noted - we will investigate them if the new version comes. However at the moment we don't work on it.