Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

CHELP
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Ariel

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by CHELP »

AvACEO wrote: Friday 24 May 2019, 01:30 I downloaded the demo version, when I go to install it, as administrator, I get " setup cannot create the following folder:"

%addonXMLfolder%

I click retry and nothing happens and I click cancel and the installer goes away.

I am using FSX, Windows 7
I have this too please help :(
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

CHELP wrote: Thursday 05 Jan 2023, 13:06 I have this too please help
Do you have FSX:SE of FSX?

At first glance, it looks like a registry problem. Please take a look into this: viewtopic.php?t=293
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

What is the version of the DEMO installer?
Make sure you select "FSX" during install.
wxman17
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Richard

Post by wxman17 »

Hi everyone,

For those who are interested, I updated the KORD and KPWK .BGL files to reflect the correct and current ILS data, mainly for runways 09C/27C for KORD and runway 16 for KPWK. As a result, the new frequency at KORD was in conflict with the ILS frequency from the nearby airport, KPWK. For KORD, it's still missing the ILS Y Rwy 10R which is not included yet, (not to be confused with the ILS Z Rwy 10R). To update the file, make sure to save a backup of the original. Please note that I only have P3Dv4.5 and it works. So I don't know if it would work with the other simulators, i.e FSX, P3Dv3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
laetus
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: andrew

Post by laetus »

I am using Chicago Airports X with Chicago City X in p3dv5.4, ORBX Global Base, Open LC NA, HD buildings, Global TerraFlora v2. There are a few buildings showing up on and around runway 27R, as well as a few scattered houses around the taxiways. It seems to only be an issue when I am flying into KORD as my destination. Is there any fix for this?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid it must be something generated by the other add-ons/sceneries. Have you prioritized our sceneries versus the other sceneries? In the case of ORBX you can use the library insertion point tool in the ORBX Central to move our sceneries above the ORBX sceneries. Regarding the other products like Global TerraFlora - we've never used it, but it might be worth deactivating it temporarily to see if it interferes with our sceneries or not.