Moscow Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Moscow Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

I can only say that acccording to the reports from the other developers / forums, it seems that this is issue that Asobo have to fix at their end. Few people got a reply back from Asobo via email stating they are aware of issues with 3rd party sceneries and are "actively looking for a fix". If you look into many different forums, you will notice that there is a lot of reports about stucking on loading screen after SU5. If you know how to fix this, please let us know what to do - because at the moment we do not have idea what might causing such issue to certain users. We only know that it started happening after SU5 and everything was working fine before. And we are all disappointed when we find that we cannot achieve a timely and effective resolution for you and we also look forward to an early resolution of this apparently new anomaly.

Very difficult to work out the problem when it happens to some but not others. Have you tried all exisiting hints like:

A blank community folder
Deleted the scenery indexes
Deleted the content file
Opened the sim and cleared the Cache and turned it OFF
Closed the sim and opened it
Closed it and opened it again
Added a scenery and tested

Other option - please turn off all online functions in the sim and see if there is any difference.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

Tried your latest suggestion (turning off online functions) to no avail either. All the others had already tried previously.

Of course you're right that problems started with SU5, but the reason why some users have them and some don't is because it only affects to those having the MS Marketplace version, not the Community version (as JEP795 wisely said somewhere else).

We all know every MSFS update forces third party developers to update their add-ons accordingly, either freeware (you'll find tons of examples in flightsim.to) or payware (for example, Orbx had to update their London Landmarks after the release of WU3). I don't see why this time it should be different.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The difference is that we have absolutely no idea what is wrong there and why; hence, we cannot provide any updates yet. The same thing happened with jetways at some airports (but not all).
I know that this does not help and we are as frustrated as you are.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by flyfly »

I hope you mean you have absolutely no idea "so far", assuming you'll do your best to find a solution ASAP.

On the other hand, there's a new update from Asobo announced for September 7th. Who knows, maybe we're all lucky and things get sorted out by themselves.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please believe us - we are interested in finding a solution as much as you are.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Umberto wrote:I can only confirm all these scenery crashes are caused by something related to how the encrypted Marketplace is loaded in the sim ( and it has been introduced since SU5 ). The same, exact, scenery, when installed in its unencrypted version in the Community folder, works just fine. With "same, exact, scenery", I mean the package in the EXPORT.ZIP file generated by the export process, which is being sent to the Marketplace team for release, which works perfectly fine in the Community folder.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

If you are experiencing the 60% freeze, as a test, please try:
1) Downloading this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rj14jdht5yllz ... x.zip?dl=1
2) Unpacking the ZIP
2) Placing new files in this folder: Community\drzewieckidesign-moscowlandmarks\scenery\global\scenery
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by flyfly »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 30 Aug 2021, 13:58 If you are experiencing the 60% freeze, as a test, please try:
1) Downloading this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rj14jdht5yllz ... x.zip?dl=1
2) Unpacking the ZIP
2) Placing new files in this folder: Community\drzewieckidesign-moscowlandmarks\scenery\global\scenery
What if I don't have Moscow in the Community folder, since I bought it from the in-game Marketplace, which incidentally is where most of the problems are.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Do you know where the product's files are located then?
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by flyfly »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 31 Aug 2021, 03:22 Do you know where the product's files are located then?
Of course, they are in the Official folder instead.
I've tried your new files in the equivalent folder there (C:\Users\...\Packages\Official\Steam\drzewieckidesign-moscowlandmarks\scenery\global\scenery), but that doesn't make any difference.

I bought many of your landmarks packs for FSX and all 4 for MSFS, so I guess I can be considered a loyal customer. However, now I've got two add-ons (Chicago & Moscow) which have been useless for one month, and nobody seems capable of fixing it because they "don't have any idea what the problem is".

Guess you'll understand that I'm starting to lose patience and, if things aren't sorted soon, I'll have to make decissions.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

If you are our loyal customer - and I fully believe you are - you know that we do not leave our "customers" high and dry, so without aby action. We released huge number of updates, most of them without any cost. At the moment there is nothing more we can do, but I'm pretty sure the problem will be solved finally. Please be sure that we are also not happy with the lack of positive progress.
BARABBA974
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Luca

Post by BARABBA974 »

https://ibb.co/WfQb8T7

Is correct to put files here?
(BTW it not works)
BARABBA974
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Luca

Post by BARABBA974 »

GOOD UPDATE (I hope)

Case 1:
1) Open FS and select UUMO
2) Stop loading at 60%
3) End FS from task manager

Case 2:
1) Open FS and uninstall Moscow Landmarks from the content manager
2) Select UUMO
3) Loading will end and you can fly
4) Back to the main menu
5) Install Moscow Landmarks again
6) Select UUMO
7) Now loading will be fine and you can play :)
8) EXIT THE GAME
9) Open FS and select UUMO
10) Stop loading at 60%
11) End FS from task manager

SO... Probably FS change some files in the folder and when you restart the game it will hang again.
I hope my test/idea can help to find what's wrong after SU5
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

flyfly wrote: Tuesday 31 Aug 2021, 07:35 if things aren't sorted soon, I'll have to make decissions.
Flyfly, please make all the decisions you need, we will fully support you on that.
So far we can only hope that Update 6 (expected on Sept. 7) will fix the issue. Same with jetways - some of them are unfixable right now.
Asobo wrote:I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this lack of stability (...). The SU5 and its batch of Xbox-related optimizations provoked several bugs, some of them hard to anticipate considering the fact that we don't work with community packages. And even though some of you tested the update in advance, and made feedbacks, we lacked time to fully investigate and fix the bugs. That leaves us with a set of fixes embedded in the upcoming World Update (it's exceptional, usually we no longer push SDK or code changes outside of the Sim Updates).
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by flyfly »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 02 Sep 2021, 02:55Flyfly, please make all the decisions you need, we will fully support you on that.
So far we can only hope that Update 6 (expected on Sept. 7) will fix the issue. Same with jetways - some of them are unfixable right now.
One "decision" might be, for example, asking for a refund in order to buy Chicago & Moscow from another vendor, outside MS Marketplace.
Let's hope Update 6 renders that as unnecessary.