Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by flyfly »

I agree.
Please make clear if, when you say "on top of the Asobo stuff", you mean "below the Asobo stuff in Content.xml", as I understand.
If so, rest assured mine is that way.
If yours is too, I can't understand either how you can get correct pictures, when there are at least 3 of us who can't.
I hope this is not one of those cases where "you can't reproduce the error".
lot737
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Jacek

Post by lot737 »

I have the same problem and my "washington landmarks" entry is at the very bottom of the content.xml.
MonsterSD619
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Dan

Post by MonsterSD619 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 21 Jun 2022, 10:55 Hi.
Please ensure that custom products are on top of Asobo products - otherwise, they will not be displayed correctly. You can manually change the priority list, which is located in the Content.xml file in [username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator folder (the lower on the list the higher the priority is). This is true for all custom-made packages. Please note that this cannot be done on Xbox.

Regarding Xbox CTDs, please look at the main page's information.
I did exactly as you have suggested with no success. I hate that this is happening. I hope there is a fix or answer for this soon. :(
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, in this case, we are unable to reproduce that issue so far but we will be trying. :roll:
MonsterSD619
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by MonsterSD619 »

Thank you for looking into this. Its a bummer that with every update we have to cross our fingers that it doesn't mess something up, not only for your content but others as well, I hope you all can get it figured out. Thanks for your persistence on fixing it! :D
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by flyfly »

After further checking, it turns out that the chequered paving along Pennsylvania Avenue just mimics the real thing, so it's not an issue anymore (to me anyway).

Anyhow, the main problems stand: no trees around White House or along the Mall, and above all, the double Jefferson Memorial. Given that the Memorial included in WU X is clearly more detailed than the version included in your Landmarks pack, easiest solution seems to completely remove this latter one.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you provide your Content.xml (can be here as zip file)? From which store is your package?
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by flyfly »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 25 Jun 2022, 07:37 Can you provide your Content.xml (can be here as zip file)? From which store is your package?
Please find my Content.xml (as Content.txt) attached.
My package (all my Drzewiecki packages in fact) is from Simmarket.
My MSFS is Steam version, Premium Deluxe edition.

I've just discovered that not only Jefferson Memorial is duplicate, but also Washington National Cathedral (maybe others too?):

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MonsterSD619
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by MonsterSD619 »

flyfly wrote: Saturday 25 Jun 2022, 12:14
Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 25 Jun 2022, 07:37 Can you provide your Content.xml (can be here as zip file)? From which store is your package?
Please find my Content.xml (as Content.txt) attached.
My package (all my Drzewiecki packages in fact) is from Simmarket.
My MSFS is Steam version, Premium Deluxe edition.

I've just discovered that not only Jefferson Memorial is duplicate, but also Washington National Cathedral (maybe others too?):

I am having the EXACT same issues as you. Everything is the same as yours except for the fact that I bought my version of MSFS from the MS Store. Before this last WU everything was fine with this scenery. After the update the buildings and trees look exactly as yours does as well.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, so...
I cannot confirm any CTDs, we could not CTD Washington Landmarks + KDCA + WU10 in any config.

Of course, new objects introduced by Asobo are duplicated if they were also modeled by us earlier. We will remove our objects in the next update.

The weird pattern behind the White House is Asobo's object.

I confirm the no-tree issue, we are investigating, there is no obvious reason for that yet.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by flyfly »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 27 Jun 2022, 05:22I cannot confirm any CTDs, we could not CTD Washington Landmarks + KDCA + WU10 in any config.
I think that's a "X-Box only" affair. Not my case.
DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 27 Jun 2022, 05:22Of course, new objects introduced by Asobo are duplicated if they were also modeled by us earlier. We will remove our objects in the next update.
Great news. Just please make sure you keep the non-conflicting ones!! (White House, Capitol, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, etc).
DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 27 Jun 2022, 05:22The weird pattern behind the White House is Asobo's object.
OK, already detected, as commented in a previous post, thanks.
DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 27 Jun 2022, 05:22I confirm the no-tree issue, we are investigating, there is no obvious reason for that yet.
Yes, this would be really important, thanks in advance.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We are looking for one user able to test the update prior to publishing. Is anyone interested?
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by flyfly »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 28 Jun 2022, 15:44 We are looking for one user able to test the update prior to publishing. Is anyone interested?
Yes, I am (PC version only).
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Count me in :D
Any special requirements?
sa63114200
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: sa63114200

Post by sa63114200 »

I can participate too if you require additional testing. Thx.