Washington Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by FrequentFlyer »

I can\t really use the White House heliport provided after the new Asobo update because it blocked by the static helicopter
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The helicopter was there since the very first version of the project.

You can land just next to it though.
Beery
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Beery

Post by Beery »

Is there a way to delete some parts of this mod? I purchased this through the MSFS marketplace, but I am not a fan of the College Park Aerodrome, as it looks like a very old model, and a lot of the default grass and details from Google Maps (or whatever the default ground images are) have not been addressed in the scenery mod. In real life, this is my local GA airport, but in MSFS the whole thing just looks half-baked and clashes with the ground textures: all sense that it's a real place is lost.

Alternatively, could this part of the mod be updated? It really looks like a model that came out of MSFS 2004. It desperately needs a remake, or at least some basic cleaning up of the ground textures.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid it's not possible, the more that MSFS builts its installers and creates its own files' naming, which is not known to us.

Can you put the screenshot from your sim here? Did I correctly understand that you think it looks worse than the default?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi Beery.
Alternatively, if a better scenery is produced, I believe it can be installed with an exclusion zone and a higher priority value, removing our version from the sim. As far as I know, currently, there is no better version of that airport but I agree, the model was intended to be a very simple one and was produced back in 2017. Usually, we try to separate city packages from airports but in this case, I believe there were simply no better alternatives. We may consider removing those 3 little airports and leaving just the Andrews Base.
ESCO_USAF
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: ESCO

Post by ESCO_USAF »

I LOVE the scenery overall for the DC area. Unfortunately JBA on here is very outdated compared to what's actually there (I'm currently stationed at JBA) I purchased my version through marketplace and want to see if there is a way to disable JBA only (and if possible, marine 1 on the WH helipad). If it can't be done with my marketplace version, would it work with the ORBX version? I would totally purchase this scenery again to make this work.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

ESCO_USAF wrote: Wednesday 19 Jul 2023, 02:31 if there is a way to disable JBA only (and if possible, marine 1 on the WH helipad).
Hi. First of all - Marketplace installers are built by MS, cannot include options, and have their files naming.
Secondly, this is the package referring to Washington Landmarks and the scenery includes some airport enhancement packages only. I'm afraid there is no option to deactivate any specific files that are the integral part of our scenery.
ESCO_USAF
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: ESCO

Post by ESCO_USAF »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 19 Jul 2023, 16:51
ESCO_USAF wrote: Wednesday 19 Jul 2023, 02:31 if there is a way to disable JBA only (and if possible, marine 1 on the WH helipad).
Hi. First of all - Marketplace installers are built by MS, cannot include options, and have their files naming.
Secondly, this is the package referring to Washington Landmarks and the scenery includes some airport enhancement packages only. I'm afraid there is no option to deactivate any specific files that are the integral part of our scenery.
This includes on the ORBX installer as well?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

All installers do not provide such features as requested by you, including ORBX.
Colderco
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Hedrippy

Post by Colderco »

Hello, I just purchased landmarks today and I was happy to see most of the additions. However, I was disappointed by the state of the smaller GA airports. W32 has closed irl but KVKX and KCGS are still operational, could we please see an update to these soon? I was shocked to see that there is no fuel pump at VKX even though you guys designed the correct layout (which I really like :D ).

Other than that, I am really enjoying this scenery. I hope that others and my suggestions will be considered. Thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As it's mentioned in our product's description: "enhancement pack for 4 airports around Washington is provided (...) with custom-made airport buildings, custom ground layouts, and static aircraft". We were more focused on the Washington D.C. Landmarks. but I will note your suggestion for the improvements.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Those are just enhancements. No additional work is planned for those. We can later just remove them if better renditions appear.
kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kmelz »

Anyone know what causes this? I've got missing tree textures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kmelz »

kmelz wrote: Sunday 13 Aug 2023, 16:30 Anyone know what causes this? I've got missing tree textures.
Resolved by deleting context.xml and Scenery index files :)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Glad to hear - this is one of the first steps that is solving many issues.