Washington Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

jtwillia
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by jtwillia »

I am delighted to have the Washington Landmarks in MFS. I would like to make a request for your consideration. The river visual approach to Washington National Airport (KDCA) follows the Potomac river and features wonderful views of the city. There are two important visual landmarks on that approach that are not depicted in your scenery.

The first is Francis Scott Key Bridge. The bridge is there but it is a generic bridge not the iconic arched bridge shown in the pictures below:

The second landmark is Georgtown University. The current depiction shows a generic office building instead of the distinctive gothic Healy Hall.

Thank you.

Jeff Williams (KDCA)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Frankly, we do have that bridge modeled, and not only that one. The problem is - default bridges "stick" really well to the terrain, no matter how the terrain is edited and deformed. Apparently default bridges looked better from the air then custom-made (in the areas where they were connected to land), hence we decided to leave those default.

Nevertheless, we will consider your request. :)
lys_knight
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: EagleAir

Post by lys_knight »

Hello ! I'm a long time customer (started with P3D and got all your creations) and now that I have MS FS 2020 I bought from Aerosoft this morning the Washington DC scenery.

When I installed it it warned me that some things where not right ? And that an update will be coming soon ? How would I know about the availability of a new version ?

Thank you !!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

lys_knight wrote: Saturday 05 Sep 2020, 18:37 warned me that some things where not right ?
You need to clearly describe what is wrong. Any error message? Maybe screenshot?
lys_knight wrote: Saturday 05 Sep 2020, 18:37 know about the availability of a new version ?
We always inform about the release of new version here (you may also see the last version number on the forum near the names of all threads). On the other hand you should be informed by your store as well.
lys_knight
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by lys_knight »

The message comes from the installer. It says that using "enhancements" for the scenery (I didn't see such option when installing) that there are likely a couple of things wrongs (lanes on airports etc...) and that a new update should be available soon.
deepstar
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: deepstar

Post by deepstar »

So I ran the installer, unticked airports and installed. The installer did install those airports even if I unticked them, why ? No big deal really, just deleted the from community. Same behavior when installing Moscov.
Thank you...
lys_knight
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by lys_knight »

PS: the version I bought from AEROSOFT is version 1.0
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Guys,
The installer does what is sais. The airports are switched off, does not matter if the actual package is there or not.
As soon as the new version is available, you will be notified by a store - as you always did in the past.
There are no critical issues when installing the airports - just minor visual bugs. Have it a go and see by yourself.
deepstar
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: deepstar

Post by deepstar »

Thank you. Good to know.
asterix2112
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Asterix

Post by asterix2112 »

Definitely worth the purchase, it is night and day, amazing job! All the Smithsonian's look great, White House awesome, Capital Fixed, RFK and Nats Park are perfect. And that big obelisk looks correct now! You guys did a GREAT job!!!!
I live in DC area, so I am so happy to see this area done well. The default was pathetic.

However there are a few issues still, hope you can get to them (I am NOT complaining, just want to make what is great better)

- Vietnam Memorial is not modeled (still just 2D), no Korea or MLK either.
- While the odd building on the Mall by the Capital is gone, there are still some extraneous buildings on the Mall by the Lincoln Memorial.
- A few new things that exist in real life don't exist yet in this. Audi field and the new Kennedy Center addon are still construction sites, while they are complete in real life.

Still AMAZING! Shame on Microsoft for not offering this from the beginning.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks a lot for your very kind words and suggestions - we'll see what can be done 8)
christb
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by christb »

any suggestions for repeated decompression errors during install? already tried regular download and a download manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lys_knight
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by lys_knight »

Have you trued to install from ANOTHER drive (Not E) ?
christb
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by christb »

not yet but i'm going to try. I have MSFS installed on E:, i've been trying to install from H:
Thanks for the suggestion.
will report back.
christb
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by christb »

still no good, i'm going to try another drive.