Latest version: v1.1 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: RJAA Tokyo Narita P3D

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you elaborate, please?
In the case of SODE we use sdx files instead of xml.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

SDX is an encrypted version of that XML.
RayP
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Ray

Post by RayP »

Hello gents. I bought Narita a few months ago and have struggled to get decent frame rates. I run at 3840*2160 @30Hz using an i7-8086K overclocked to 5.0 and a 1080Ti. Sim is P3Dv5.3HF2.

I suspect it’s due to the texture setting of Ultra. What would you suggest to get 30fps?

I notice those who buy it from ORBX can configure the settings. I bought it from SimMarket. How do I adjust the settings?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, all settings can be choosed during the installation process, do via the installer. To choose the other settings, please simply run the installer again.

Regarding low fps, so far we didn't notice any complaints about the bad performance. Even if you check the reviews on the Simmarket, you can find the comments like "Very good detail with very little impact to performance" or "The quality and perfomance ratio is amazing". So it might be something with the optimization of settings, which will be aligned to your hardware. I can assure reecommend to read our tutorial: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4wu3vqhf8jkm ... m.pdf?dl=0
RayP
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Ray

Post by RayP »

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply and the link to the tutorial. I saw the many reports giving RJAA high praise so I’m guessing it’s a setting I need to change.

I did notice an improvement lowering texture load to high from ultra. I’ll run the installer again, thanks.i
dron960
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by dron960 »

Hi
Someone take a screenshot of the library where the RJAA for ORBX should be located correctly in the P3 v4 script library, relative to other ORBX scenes. 4 central creates some kind of mess.
Thank you in advance.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, my feeling is that our scenery should be on top, which theoretically you can do via the settings in the ORBX Central using the feature "Insertion point" - there are some tutorials on Youtube about this. On the other hand - ORBX provides its own installer, so it might be worth asking via their forum.
andycheung

Post by andycheung »

Hi I purchased Tokyo Narita Airport and Moscow Airport from Orbx yesterday. After downloading and installing it in P3DV5 I can't see the boroading bridge at the airport gate.How can I install it so that I cansee the broading bridge?
Please provide a solutions
Thankyou
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
You need to install the SODE plugin: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=351
taz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Taz

Post by taz »

Hello guys,

I've just purchased RJAA for my P3DV5 from sim market and downloaded the installer. However I have encountered the same problem during installation which the installer stops half way and generated an error message. It states " Setup cannot create the following folder...".
I saw someone earlier from this discussion board had also encountered the same problem and it seemed to be caused by faulty registry keys. I had followed the steps from this page, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=293, however I am still getting the same error message. Just wondering if someone can offer some help.
Thank you very much
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, can you share this message here? (for example, it can be done via https://imgbb.com)

As far as I remember, this issue wasn't easy to resolve because the issue was related to some regional settings / language.
What is your full install path?
Do your regional Win settings set to English?
taz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by taz »

Thanks for the reply. Yup it's a bit frustrating not being able to use such an amazing scenery.

Here's the screenshot of the error message, I think some people have encountered the same problem before.

https://ibb.co/G3d8ZsR

To respond to your question, my system is in English. I have tried tweaking with the Registry Editor, however all the "Setup Path" and "AppPath" don't seems to be missing the required keys.

Cheers
taz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by taz »

And my install Path is C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepare3D v5
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

it shouldn't go do "one drive" - definitely, something is wrong with registry key, which obviously confuses the installer.

Can you show us your registry keys?

Can you somehow temporary deactivate OneDrive and check if there is a same issue after running the installer?
taz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by taz »

I have finally sorted it out and managed to install the scenery successfully. Martin was correct that OneDrive was messing around with the installation. Somehow it stopped the installation to complete.

Here are the few things I have done.
>Sign-out from One Drive.
>Deactivated One Drive.
>Remove One Drive Document Folders
>Telling P3DV5 to read add-on files from a directory that isn't in the One Drive folder.

After that, I ran the installer again, and the installation was uneventful. :lol:

****** in addition to that
There were other add-ons I had troubles installing (e.g. GSX) . After RJAA has been successfully installed into my p3d, i tried those add-ons as well, and they now all worked. Apparently One Drive had been causing troubles.

Thx for the help