Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

controll21
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Rick

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by controll21 »

I think I have seen a possible issue with the seattle landmarks through ORBX....I compared the pics from your website with in game pics of the same space needle and have this as a possible issue.....

I upgraded to Windows 11 and now the space needle has a Windows 11 flag on top of it in game....is it possible that MSFS2020 is using their model instead of your model of the space needle? This is all I could come up with as an option.

The rest of the objects are visible The Big Wheel (and it turns)....the cranes on the waterfront and they do not look like blobs like the original MSFS2020 ones do.

I hope this helps....

Also, in ORBX I uninstalled Seattle Landmarks and then ran MSFS2020 and all your objects were gone...then I reinstalled it through ORBX and all of them came back and were functioning, except the space needle elevators....I did install this both inside MSFS2020 and into just an ORBX library...same issue.

I also had used the manual cache to try to improve the frame rate of the sim and so I deleted the manual cache within msfs2020 and still no luck.

I know this is a minor issue, but it was cool seeing all the moving objects while flying around the city...very cool...now static elevators....
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, it is possible. Please make sure that our product has the highest priority on the scenery list (it should be on the bottom).

Marcin, pomożesz?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, so let's confirm that our scenery has the highest priority. Has to be done manually:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml

The lower on the list, the higher the priority is.

Secondly do you have installed World Update USA?
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

Here's a fun north flow video I took today at boeing

https://youtu.be/MW_DFUieI2A

And a South flow I took a few days ago

https://youtu.be/brrIalnviNA
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks a lot - very nice and might be helpful :)
controll21
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by controll21 »

Here are three jpgs for the "content.xml" file showing Seattle Landmarks near the bottom but not the bottom...
Screenshot (39).png
Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (41).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you theoretically move our entry to the bottom? What are this USA points of interest? Do you have active World Update USA? Are you able to check if elevators are working without it?
controll21
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by controll21 »

How would I move your entry...I tried to cut and paste, but , it is an xml file so no functions I tried worked...I will look into the USA World Update, but I had all those files installed prior to the elevators not working...so the only difference is the SU6 update...after that they stopped working for me....I also saw another interesting thing while flying around Seattle today in MSFS2020....the cruise ship that comes into Elliott Bay from Puget Sound and sits next to Harbor Island...came in ok but then when it got to its spot it spun around for about 3 minutes before becoming still at the point in your ad pics...just a bizarre behavior.
Might look into making it stop in the position where it belongs and not dance around the Sound.
controll21
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by controll21 »

So here are the World Updates I have installed and they were there before the elevator issue:

World Update 1 - Japan
World Update 2 - USA
World Update 3 - United Kingdom & Ireland
World Update 4 - France, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxemburg
World Update 5 - Nordics
World Update 6 - Germany, Austria & Switzerland

All other scenery addons are through ORBX

Landmarks - Seattle (the scenery with trouble currently)
Cityscapes - Sydney
Airports KORS - Orcas Island
KTIW - Tacoma Narrows
Seafront - Sightseeing Vessels Core
Vessels - Channel islands

Again all these sceneries were installed and working prior to the issue with the elevators....the only change was when SU6 update happened about 1.5 weeks ago....prior to that no problems....I did notice that when SU6 updated it started to update just MSFS2020 Premium, then the server issue happened and it then showed it wanted to update Standard, Deluxe and Premium and when the servers came back it only updated Premium so maybe this is the issue...I am stumped.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Maybe this last entry - Microsoft pois - is creating the issue. If you are not able to correct content.xml or rebuild it, as folder needs to load first, I suggest adding the prefix "a' to Seattle scenery folder.

We tested the scenery in the most updated environment and elevators are working.

controll21
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by controll21 »

Thanks for all the help on this issue....the solution was to rename or delete the "Content.xml" file and let MSFS2020 rebuild it....now the elevators are working fine.

Thanks again
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Perfect - happy flying and enjoy elevators :wink:
ssy523
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Seyoung

Post by ssy523 »

Thank you for the nice scenery. It would be perfect if you could add the overpass road.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=1541

download/file.php?mode=view&id=1542
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm not sure if we are able to do this easily, but I will take a note.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
ssy523 wrote: Tuesday 02 Nov 2021, 07:01 add the overpass road
That road was demolished long time ago. It was actually quite challenging to remove it from the default photogrammetry.