Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Re: Seattle Landmarks MSFS

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Is there a plan to light up Space Needle in the colors of Ukrainian flag (they did it recently to show solidarity)?
I was wondering whatever there are plans to light up any other landmarks or maybe even add some peace anti-war protestors to your Moscow landmarks pack?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

FrequentFlyer wrote: Friday 11 Mar 2022, 19:51add some peace anti-war protestors to your Moscow landmarks pack
We've added some "no more war" signs to our Sheremetyevo scenery and we've got no other plans regarding this topic though.
JimmiG

Post by JimmiG »

I'm having issues with CTD's when loading a flight when Seattle Landmarks and KRNT are active, in combination with some still unknown third party scenery.

If I start a flight in the Seattle area, and especially at KRNT, some of the time (but not every time), the sim will CTD within a few seconds after pressing Fly Now, just as the blue progress bar starts moving. It's very sporadic. Sometimes it crashes 5 times in a row, other times I can start flights just fine for several times in a row. If I remove KRNT and Seattle Landmarks, it no longer crashes on loading.

If the sim didn't crash within the first few seconds after pressing Fly Now, it's generally perfectly stable. It just needs to get past the initial bump of a few seconds of loading. It doesn't crash once I'm actually flying. I have Seattle Landmarks and KRNT installed via the OrbX installer. I also have all the other OrbX airports for the area (KTIW, Fall City, Darrington etc.). I've just done a clean install of MSFS and only installed content from the official Marketplace and OrbX so far but the problem remains.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, it sounds like something new for us :? How long have you been facing such a problem? Theoretically it might be an interference with the other addon - have you tried to deactivate all other addons and observe if it happens too? Then you may try to activate them one by one to identify which one is causing this (although I understand that such excersise is time consuming). Secondly - do you have World Update USA active?
carlos
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by carlos »

Hello
I wonder if we will be requiring an upadate for your US landmarks after update X

Thanks
Carlos
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid it's too early to answer this question.
DerZeitgeist
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: DerZeitgeist

Post by DerZeitgeist »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 07:18 I'm afraid it's too early to answer this question.
I tried out DD's Seattle Landmarks this morning with WU10ified Seattle, and it seems to work OK. I had a quick look across the skyline and didn't notice any glaring errors like duplicate buildings or things like that.

I think the WU10-improvements for Seattle are mostly in the photogrammetry, it's been cleaned up and just looks a lot nicer overall (most noticeable in the port of Seattle, check out the cranes there).

When you install DD's Seattle Landmarks on top of that, it simply replaces photogrammetry buildings with their own handcrafted 3D buildings, essentially just like it was before WU10.
Eejay
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Eejay

Post by Eejay »

I think I have an issue with the Seattle Landmarks, though I’m unsure if it WUX related - I’m on Series X.

There seems to be missing ground textures along the road on the waterfront, and i still have what seems to be a ghost crane from the photogrammetry.

I’ve tried deleting the cache and restarting etc., but it always comes up the same - just wondering if anyone else has seen similar?

https://imgur.com/a/VrHjyn7
Giffdev
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

Hey folks, I downloaded world update 10 today, and while the KRNT seems to be fine, the seattle landmarks pack seems to have disappeared and instead I *think* i'm just seeing the world update X landmarks, since the needle lost its orange top and the smith tower seems less accurate, etc. Is there a known compatibility issue with your landmarks pack and WUX, or do i need to reinstall?
DerZeitgeist
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by DerZeitgeist »

Eejay wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 16:33 I think I have an issue with the Seattle Landmarks, though I’m unsure if it WUX related - I’m on Series X.

There seems to be missing ground textures along the road on the waterfront, and i still have what seems to be a ghost crane from the photogrammetry.

I’ve tried deleting the cache and restarting etc., but it always comes up the same - just wondering if anyone else has seen similar?

Yes, I can confirm both of these issues with WU 10 & Seattle Landmarks installed on my PC version.
DerZeitgeist
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by DerZeitgeist »

Giffdev wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 17:40 Hey folks, I downloaded world update 10 today, and while the KRNT seems to be fine, the seattle landmarks pack seems to have disappeared and instead I *think* i'm just seeing the world update X landmarks, since the needle lost its orange top and the smith tower seems less accurate, etc. Is there a known compatibility issue with your landmarks pack and WUX, or do i need to reinstall?
I specifically checked the Space Needle right now, and I definitely am seeing the DD version, together with the other buildings downtown. Maybe try a clean install of both WU 10 & Seattle Landmarks?
Personally, I removed the Landmarks pack before downloading WU 10, and then put it back in afterwards.
Eejay
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Eejay

Post by Eejay »

DerZeitgeist wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 18:11
Eejay wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 16:33 I think I have an issue with the Seattle Landmarks, though I’m unsure if it WUX related - I’m on Series X.

Yes, I can confirm both of these issues with WU 10 & Seattle Landmarks installed on my PC version.
Thanks for the quick reply - at least I know it's not just me.
Hopefully a fix will be incoming at some point. 👍
carlos
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by carlos »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 07:18 I'm afraid it's too early to answer this question.
Too ealry?

The sim is crahsing with the landmarks specially with Chicago

Hands to work pls
carlos
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by carlos »

DerZeitgeist wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 18:14
Giffdev wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 17:40 Hey folks, I downloaded world update 10 today, and while the KRNT seems to be fine, the seattle landmarks pack seems to have disappeared and instead I *think* i'm just seeing the world update X landmarks, since the needle lost its orange top and the smith tower seems less accurate, etc. Is there a known compatibility issue with your landmarks pack and WUX, or do i need to reinstall?
I specifically checked the Space Needle right now, and I definitely am seeing the DD version, together with the other buildings downtown. Maybe try a clean install of both WU 10 & Seattle Landmarks?
Personally, I removed the Landmarks pack before downloading WU 10, and then put it back in afterwards.
I also lost the all of the landmarks in Seattle
carlos
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by carlos »

DerZeitgeist wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 18:14
Can can a photogrammetry product be compatible with a landmarks product if they were not meant to work together?
Every time un update like this happens, Orbx has to fix their landmarks and polish the photogrammetry so these products cannot be compatible they need a revision otherwise the sim would not crash when starting at Chicago for example

Can you share shots of all working properly? No crashes, no duplicated buildings, and a nice look of the products with good frames please?

Thanks