Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Chicago Landmarks MSFS for Microsoft Flight Simulator (FS2020) by Drzewiecki Design

Product description:
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodCHIcity_MSFS.htm

Image Image Image
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

Looks absolutely amazing! Will this be in Orbx Central soon too? This will make for some beautiful approaches into FSDT O’Hare. You guys do the most beautiful cityscapes. :o
fredm
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by fredm »

Looks great! Any chance that this package could be made to be compatible with KCGX Meigs Field freeware? There are some really good renditions of that airport, and with your new Chicago Landmarks the approach into Meigs would be awesome!
AltitudeAchiever
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: AltAchiever

Post by AltitudeAchiever »

Hello! I purchased Chicago Landmarks MSFS today afternoon and everything seems to work great other than one major problem that I have. When I load up the simulator to and start from Chicago Midway or Chicago O'Hare airport, I am forced to start on an active runway. As soon as I try to start on a ramp or gate, the simulator crashes to the desktop without an error message. When I start on the runway by default I can load into Chicago and everything works perfectly fine including the scenery. The only real problem happens when I try to select a gate or ramp to start at in one of these two Chicago airports. I have not tried any other airports yet so I don't know if it would cause them to crash as well. It also doesn't matter if I choose my ramp or gate position from the map or the drop down menu, either way, as soon as I select it, the sim crashes to desktop. How can I fix this error? It is a really beautiful scenery and I would love to be able to fly in and out of here properly.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm not sure if it can be really caused by our landmarks. Have you checked if reducing the settings makes any difference? Any error message from sim or in Win event logs?
AltitudeAchiever
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: AltAchiever

Post by AltitudeAchiever »

At first I too thought that it had nothing to do with the scenery, but then I uninstalled it and retried. After uninstalling, I was able to set my start location anywhere I wanted to without the sim crashing. I then reinstalled the scenery and noticed that the same problem had returned. I can try reducing the settings but I do not think it will make a major difference because when I loaded into the scenery I only noticed a small drop in frame rate. What I mean is before installing the scenery my frame rate was stable and it was still stable after installment, with only a drop of what seemed like 5-10 frames at most from 60fps even when flying around. Also no error message is given from the simulator upon the crash, it is very sudden.
pcaviator687
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: pcaviator687

Post by pcaviator687 »

Hi,
I have to agree with AltitudeAchiever regarding the crash to desktop using this add-on. I initially loaded up at Chicago Midway ramp location and as soon as it tried to load the sim crashed to the desktop. I loaded Chicago Midway again on an active runway and had no issues. I wasn't sure what the reason was but seeing that someone else is having the same issue as I am, I am now curious as well. Otherwise, I absolutely love the scenery!
jack233
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Jack

Post by jack233 »

Same issues here . Crash to desktop when trying to spawn in either on a runway or gate at chicago Kord or midway airport. Same with arrivals . Love the scenery and have no mods and have tried it on all kinds of settings low medium high . Needs to be fixed. When I remove the mod, everything works fine , when I reinstalled it, crashes to desktop.
Kai-Uwe
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Kai-Uwe »

Good morning,

thanks a lot for this stunning scenery! Wow! I already bought Chicago City for P3D but here in MSFS - it's not comparable IMHO. During my first flight, when I cruised between the skyscrapers I was remembered at movies like Batman or Jupiter ascending.
Btw: I bought via ORBX central and started from KORD, made by FSDT from gate 23 (? I don't know it exactly anymore, but it was a mddle gate) with my C152: no crashes here. I installed first in FS2020\community and moved the folder afterwards to my sorted collection of MSFS-addons where I started only addons I needed at the moment, with the freewaretool "AddonLinker". Everything goes without any problems.
At least: the performance could be a liitle bit better or said more smoother. Your other landmark-sceneries (I bought all of them) are smoother; maybe, because they aren't as big as Chicago is. But I'm sure you will do it.

I wish you a friendly and beautiful advent and nice holidays! Stay healthy please!
Kai-Uwe
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Kai-Uwe »

Me again: I have to correct myself: now the sim crashes for me too; by chosing a gate. I don't know why this doesn't happen at the first time- -now everytime, like the others here. :(
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, thanks for all your reports. We will take a look into this issue.
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Yeah, I'm having a new repeatable issue too, so it's real. It's been flawless into/out of FSDT KORD before this scenery was installed, and now as I go to simply use the drone camera from a parked A/C to check out the scenery, I get a crash report (not CTD - an actual A/C crash from a parked A/C at KMDW). Also, trying to use the new heliport for the same purpose, I either cannot click Fly Now or it loads me at KMDW?? Will uninstall for now and await a potential update.

On the upside, the part I did see looks great!! Can't wait.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

But do you have any error messages? Anything that can suggest us the cause of problem? Maybe something can be found in the Windows event log? You know - at the moment it's like looking for a needle in a haystack :?

The point is that during our tests everything is working fine. We need to find something, what's common between your cases. So if you are able to support us, please try to deactivate seperatly each file - one by one and do a test:

drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\global\scenery\TEXTURE
drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\global\scenery\chicagoLIB.BGL
drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\global\scenery\chicagoLIBtrains.BGL
drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery\chicagoPLC.bgl
drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery\CHICAGOVECT.BGL
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi guys.
Thank you for your reports. We are investigating this issue, which obviously did not affect our testers. We ask for your understanding. We will do our best to fix it asap.

In the meantime, any additional information you may provide would be highly appreciated.

You may also try removing particular folders/files and testing the sim after each removal:

drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\global\scenery\TEXTURE
drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\global\scenery\chicagoLIB.BGL
drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\global\scenery\chicagoLIBtrains.BGL
drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery\chicagoPLC.bgl
drzewieckidesign-chicagolandmarks\scenery\world\scenery\CHICAGOVECT.BGL

The product would obviously not look correct but such tests would help us a lot as currently, we can not recreate this problem.
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

As soon as I can (probably tomorrow) I'll check this process out and let you know what I find. Hopefully someone else can get to it sooner.