Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for sharing - we have always placed great emphasis on the good performance of our products, so I can only assure you that it is certainly equally important to us and we will do our best.
PaFlightSimmer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jon

Post by PaFlightSimmer »

Figured I'd post in since I too unfortunately experience bad performance if I have Landmarks and MDW installed. Which is an anomaly as I can also attest that I've never had issues with any of your other sceneries (including Washington landmarks and DCA, which both I keep installed).

My specs:
Ryzen7 5800x
32GB DDR4 @ 3200 Mhz
Asus RTX 3060 (non-ti)
Windows 11
MS flight sim running at 1920x1080 full screen, typically at ultra settings.

The other interesting bit is that I dropped every setting down to high and that was only a nominal improvement with still constant lag spikes. I thought at first it was because I have FSDT KORD but after the sim crashed I found everyone here discussing it. If I run either separately I get no lag spikes and at ultra settings I get 35+ FPS. If I run both it drops to 20 FPS with lag spikes down to 1 FPS (settings also dropped to high). KORD has no effect on my performance either (if it's installed or not).

I do also believe that Sim Update 9 is the cause for some of my FPS drops. Overall I've seen a big drop in performance (Used to get 45+ fps, now on the ground I get 30 + fps depending on area). Hopefully you guys can find some areas for improvement. Still love both sceneries but I love MDW more so I'll keep Landmarks uninstalled for now.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your report and opinion. We monitor this issue, observe the development of the sim engine and we have some ideas for the improvement too. Unfortunately, I am afraid that there is no quick fix that can be provided in the short term.
PaFlightSimmer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jon

Post by PaFlightSimmer »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 29 May 2022, 11:11 Thanks for your report and opinion. We monitor this issue, observe the development of the sim engine and we have some ideas for the improvement too. Unfortunately, I am afraid that there is no quick fix that can be provided in the short term.
That's fine. I saw a large FPS drop from sim update 9 so I'm hoping they resolve that and I'll attempt to load both again if my FPS improves. If not I'll just adjust which scenery I use accordingly.
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

Seems like WU X is conflicting with the LODs of the Chicago river and bridge next to navy pier when you’re approaching it. You have to get real close to it for it to fix itself. Not sure if it’s the scenery but may be worth looking at.
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: tailspin88

Post by Tailspin488 »

Just checking in, any update on the horizon for Downtown Chicago or KMDW? As a paying customer I'm still unable to use either scenery due to horrible performance. I can still use every other dev's scenery I've purchased without issue, so it remains these 2 sceneries from you that don't run well. I'd love to at least be able to use KMDW with correct / aligned approaches, which at release, your product did not have. I would constantly get misaligned to 22L while flying RNAV approaches from STERE transition, and end up 30-40 degrees left of the runway when you should be lined straight up with the centerline the last few miles. I did update nav data with Navigraph and it doesn't make a difference. With your KMDW scenery, approaches are not correct, without your KMDW scenery installed, approaches to the default KMDW work perfect. I hate to come here and hound you but this has not been even close to resolved, or even attempted to be resolved, since I bought your sceneries over 6 months ago.
CAflyer99
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Jerry

Post by CAflyer99 »

My specs i7 10700K 32GB 3200MHZ RTX2060SUPER 8GB. These specs are above the recommend. I have owned Chicago landmarks for more than a year and the performance is still terrible. Nowhere else performs so poorly on my rig and this has not been fixed.
Majority of simmers are not running RTX3090/3090tis. If you the developer is running such high end hardware please consider testing stuff on mid to low end hardware where most simmers are at . Your KMDW addon performs well without the landmarks but pairing the Landmarks with KMDW there is a significant performance hit.
I have no issues with Seattle or Washington DC landmarks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

JEP795 wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 14:08 Seems like WU X is conflicting with the LODs
Thanks - it's noted and will be checked.
Tailspin488 wrote: Wednesday 15 Jun 2022, 20:14 horrible performance (...) constantly get misaligned to 22L while flying RNAV approaches (...)
Misaligned RNAV to 22L sounds new for us - we need to take a look. And currently I can only assure you that we didn't forget about all reports of performance issue using both products.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please ensure that custom products are on top of Asobo products - otherwise, they will not be displayed. You can manually change the priority list, which is located in the Content.xml file in [username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator folder (the lower on the list the higher the priority is). This is true for all custom-made packages. Please note that this cannot be done on Xbox.
Fungaming
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: FunGaming

Post by Fungaming »

Any info on an update for Xbox ??
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Usually it takes 2-3 months.
Fungaming
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Fungaming »

damn Microsoft sure takes their time, hope it will be sooner
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry - it's not in our hands.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

But currently there is no update planned for this product… This one hasn’t been updated.
Fungaming
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Fungaming »

Ok, hope it gets an update though like the Washington one you guys updated that one beautifully quick