Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

But is there something wrong with the product which would require an update?
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: tailspin88

Post by Tailspin488 »

You mean besides the horrible performance / stuttering? I would say that would require an update to fix.. This scenery is still completely unusable for me, I'm still out the $20 I spent on this. Can I get a refund?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

You can apply to your shop for a refund and for sure we will have nothing against. This is also frustrating for us, because you face something that we don't. My understanding is that you use it together with KMDW, right? I remember that we had a few ideas to make some improvements in this product, but it's still the matter of free recources :?
aut0mater
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: aut0mater

Post by aut0mater »

I am having similar performance issues with Chicago Landmarks and KMDW installed at the same time. I am running at 4k and my system specs are a 5600x, 6800xt and 32GB of RAM. It's a shame since both products complement each other nicely.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We hear you. But we can't fix something we do not see.
I've recently made a live stream on Instagram, did a slew flight over that area for about half an hour looking for low fps and CTD. Couldn't find any and FPS did not get below 30. So far we are unable to diagnose the issue there.
Daisser
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Lou

Post by Daisser »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 17 Jul 2022, 05:42 But is there something wrong with the product which would require an update?
Hi. Unfortunately there is something amiss here. I see quite a few posts in both MSFS forums and here on this issue but as you said it's not consistent. I work in technology support myself, so I have sympathy for the madding nature of sporadic issues, but please keep this on your list to review when time allows. I've made a few posts of high level troubleshooting (settings, addon removal etc) but let me know if there's any advanced areas I can review (log files, debugging, etc). And to reiterate, my sim runs smooth and rock solid everywhere else including your own Washington Landmarks. I've wanted to purchase your others ones (like Seattle) but was afraid to have this problem and be out the cash. Please let me know!
TigerNine
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: TigerNine

Post by TigerNine »

@DD Stanislaw,

Unfortunately, I have the same performance degradation with the Chicago Landmarks scenery installed. My FPS drops to single digit (7) with the Chicago Landmarks installed, and 68 FPS without. I had to uninstall the addon for now. I will withhold my review until it has been fixed.

-Tiger Nine
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As Stanislaw said - we do not neglect the existence of the problem, but we are still not fully sure what is causing it. Please believe us - we are determined to find a solution, But to do this we must replicate the issue. Otherwise, it's impossible to solve it.
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tailspin488 »

I have horrible performance with just the Downtown Chicago scenery installed. Can't fly over the city at all without it killing my fps. If I fly low, forget it. I bought the scenery through JustFlight. Do I need to apply for a refund through them?

The issues with Midway KMDW are separate. However, having both installed doesn't make a difference. It's the downtown Chicago scenery that is the problem.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Tailspin488 wrote: Monday 15 Aug 2022, 02:49 through JustFlight (...) apply for a refund?
Yes, please apply to the store from which you bought the scenery.
Tailspin488 wrote: Monday 15 Aug 2022, 02:49 It's the downtown Chicago scenery that is the problem.
As soon as we diagnose a source of problem, we will provide the fix.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

In addition to the upcoming SU10 (which has been delayed, let's hope that will be for the better), I've just learnt that the subsequent 40th Anniversary Edition will include the classic Chicago Meigs airport.

Let's cross fingers and hope those won't break anything, specially in the Chicago area!!
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tailspin488 »

I asked for a refund from JF and it was granted. Hope you guys fix the performance in the future, I might consider getting it again if others confirm it runs better. Otherwise its unfortunately not for me.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for letting us know - we hope you will still be satisfied with our other products.
dano7711
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dan

Post by dano7711 »

Please could somebody advise me please.

Most but not all of the included helipads show in the sim but I can't take off from them. It lets me pick one as the Departure but then when it loads I'm at Chicago Midway Airport.
Also at least one listed helipad isn't showing 75IS Lurie Children's Hospital Heliport

Kind regards,

Dano7711
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you give us a concrete example, please? That we will be able to replicate it.