Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

clucktrent
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mark

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by clucktrent »

I couldn't register earlier but I'm having this issue with the helipads that Dano7711 mentions.

If I choose 10LL, Chicago Police Marine Heliport, as the Departure, it shows me there when it loads, but when I click Ready to Fly, I'm suddenly on a runway at Chicago Midway instead. This happened with at least one other helipad. In both cases I end up on a runway at Midway instead of being able to take off from the helipad.

Also if I choose a helipad as the arrival, the program just crashes.

Thanks, the scenery looks great by the way, I went to college in Chicago and go back at least once a year.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for reporting us this issue -let me try to perform a few tests in the coming days. At the moment we have no idea what could be the cause of such a problem - probably it would be necessary for me to discuss this with the MSFS support for developers, which might take some time. As soon as we know something new, I will get back to you.
moxiejeff
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: moxiejeff

Post by moxiejeff »

I am glad others are reporting this, because it's been driving me insane.

On Sim Update 10, performance has been nothing but extraordinary, until I fly anywhere near Chicago/O'Hare/Downtown. As others have mentioned, FPS drops around 15fps. Massive stutters.

i9-12900k, 3080 Ti, DDR5 32gb, SU10 Beta (.21)
dano7711
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dan

Post by dano7711 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 16 Sep 2022, 05:36 Thanks for reporting us this issue -let me try to perform a few tests in the coming days. At the moment we have no idea what could be the cause of such a problem - probably it would be necessary for me to discuss this with the MSFS support for developers, which might take some time. As soon as we know something new, I will get back to you.
Any more news on this please?

Kind regards,

Dano7711
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I have had no answer to your problem yet. Can you share with me your context.xml file? (It can be attached as a zip file here)
clucktrent
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by clucktrent »

Do you mean contents.xml? If it's really context.xml, where do I find this file?
Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry. Of course content.xml
clucktrent
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by clucktrent »

File attached. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drumcode
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jacek

Post by Drumcode »

Guys, quick question. Is there any chance you can revisit the color saturation of this addon at night? Chicago is vibrant at night, but not that vibrant. I feel like it's way overpowering and somewhat blinding when flying around downtown.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

clucktrent wrote: Thursday 22 Sep 2022, 02:10 File attached. Thanks
Thanks a lot - let me take a look at your file after my return on Tuesday.
Drumcode wrote: Friday 23 Sep 2022, 00:33 revisit the color saturation of this addon at night?
I'm afraid it's not such a straightforward matter as it seems looking from your perspective. Different users use different settings, different displays settings, GPUs, etc. And finally different tastes, which we are not able to satisfy fully.

Are you able to show how does it look like in your case? Screenshots or video would be appreciated. Some time ago we got the message suggesting that night lighting is too bright. On the other hand our night lighting has been viewed positively by many.
Drumcode
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jacek

Post by Drumcode »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 23 Sep 2022, 21:15 Are you able to show how does it look like in your case? Screenshots or video would be appreciated. Some time ago we got the message suggesting that night lighting is too bright. On the other hand our night lighting has been viewed positively by many.
Let me revisit this again in October when I complete my new build with the 4080 card and I'll report back.
beanboy34
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Beanboy

Post by beanboy34 »

Hi,

I just purchased Chicago Landmarks from SimMarket. I downloaded the exe file (Chicago_Landmarks_MSFS_v1.2) to my desktop because MSFS is on my D drive. When I click on it, it acts like it's going to install but nothing happens. I've disabled my firewall and have been able to install other sceneries. I don't know what to do now. :oops:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Make sure you are running it with admin rights.
beanboy34
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Beanboy

Post by beanboy34 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 21 Oct 2022, 04:16 Hi. Make sure you are running it with admin rights.
Ok, I did that. Now I have a chicagoPLC.bgl file on my desktop. Do I put it somewhere in MSFS? Thanks!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative, it should be installed to the correct directory inside MSFS. It is weird that you have it on your desktop...
Please attach a screenshot of the installer right before clicking the "Install" button - there are paths visible.