Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

beanboy34
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Beanboy

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by beanboy34 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 22 Oct 2022, 04:25 Negative, it should be installed to the correct directory inside MSFS. It is weird that you have it on your desktop...
Please attach a screenshot of the installer right before clicking the "Install" button - there are paths visible.
I got it to work!!!! For some reason I had to change the compatibility mode to windows 8. I have no idea why. :roll: :D
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

beanboy34 wrote: Saturday 22 Oct 2022, 15:23 I have no idea why. :roll: :D
We too, by the good thing is that it's working now as it should.
beanboy34
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Beanboy

Post by beanboy34 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 22 Oct 2022, 22:53
beanboy34 wrote: Saturday 22 Oct 2022, 15:23 I have no idea why. :roll: :D
We too, by the good thing is that it's working now as it should.
Wow, the night lights are so cool!!! :) :P
zkdos
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Andy

Post by zkdos »

Hi there,

Big fan of the Chicago Landmarks scenery in MSFS. Unfortunately the Meigs area conflicts with the new 40th anniversary sim update released today.

Can you please update your scenery to exclude the Meigs field area so we can enjoy the new airport from Asobo alongside your landmark CBD area?

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Sure, we will have a look at this. I don't think we did anything at Meigs though...
farman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by farman »

Hi, me too have the same issue; deactivating DD Chicago scenery, Meigs Field reappear
Tnaks for any help,
Fulvio
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your confirmation - we will take a look.
mtflight
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Mtflight

Post by mtflight »

I too had to uninstall Chicago Landmarks to get Meigs Field to show up in the latest 40th Anniversary Edition xbox x.
clucktrent
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mark

Post by clucktrent »

If you pick one of the new native helicopters you can now set your helipads as the departure and actually take off from there.
clucktrent
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mark

Post by clucktrent »

75IS Lurie Children's Hospital Heliport still doesn't show up as a selectable departure. Could you look into that?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

zkdos wrote: Friday 11 Nov 2022, 19:55 the Meigs area conflicts with the new 40th anniversary sim update released today
It conflicts because we are trying to be as real as it gets.

But it's possible to keep both when you work on a package order priority via the Package Reorder Tool - I tried to put KCGX on the bottom and both products were looking good.
clucktrent wrote: Sunday 13 Nov 2022, 23:08 75IS Lurie Children's Hospital Heliport
Currently, we are too busy, but we will put it on a to-do list, and then we will take a look as soon as we start working on the new version.
johedrz2312
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Johannes2312

Post by johedrz2312 »

I have the same problem, that Chicago Landmarks conflicts with the 40th anniversary update and nor Meigs field is visable nor actvities there are working except when I deactivate Chicago Landmarks.
I tried the package reorder tool but this works only for one run - after that the problem reoccurs.

Dear Drzewiecki-Design developers, please fix this by not overriding the Meigs field area.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's on to-do list and we will try to exclude this area from our product, but it will not be done in the very short term. Till then you need to use this workaround.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

When you move Asobo/MS Meigs Field to the end of the list in the Reorder Tool (i.e. giving it maximum priority), a number '1' appears on the left, between the small arrows. If you further click the down arrow, the number changes to a '2'. No idea what the '2' means, but I can confirm that this way Meigs works fine for me, along with Drzewiecki Chicago Landmarks.

That said, the 40th Anniversary Meigs Field is much worse (to me anyway) than Z Design Studios version, which I had been using so far, and had uninstalled temporarily in order to test the MS/Asobo version. That given, I'm removing MS/Asobo Meigs and reinstalling Z Design's, which BTW works seamlessly with Chicago Landmarks.
jochitor
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Jochen

Post by jochitor »

I bought the landmarks on xbox (ironically during the celebration weeks special offers from you) - same issue with the 40th edition, No Meigs Field. Is there also a workaround for xbox users?