Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

flyfly wrote: Friday 18 Nov 2022, 19:00 I can confirm that this way Meigs works fine for me, along with Drzewiecki Chicago Landmarks.
Thanks a lot for this hint!
jochitor wrote: Saturday 19 Nov 2022, 12:40Is there also a workaround for xbox users?
I'm afraid we don't know about such one. Maybe in the future, we will make an exclusion of this area from our package, however, let's have in mind that we talk about the non-existing airport.
Spook1234567890
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Spook1234567890

Post by Spook1234567890 »

Other than the Meigs problem (which is a problem despite the 'it is not a real airfield' view. It is in the simulator to which this scenery is an addon. I believe any user should expect any add on to be compatible with the base program) my biggest gripe with this is the performance. I have a 5900X/3080/32GB 3600. Using TAA and ultra settings in 1440P without this scenery I can fly along the river between the buildings in a Cessna 172 and maintain 57 to 60 FPS (all online features on). With the scenery I get 15 FPS. I don't really think that a 75% loss in performance is acceptable. In addition the performance fluctuates all over the place depending upon where you are over the city. The LODs do not seem to be consistent. I don't know if this is due to the last MSFS update, my system or just the scenery alone. I feel that if it were my system I would have problems without the scenery as well. Are there any plans to fix the performance?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Our goal is to take a look into this indeed, even if during our tests a significant fps drop was not observed. On the other hand - even if this is a very demanding area, we are sure that it's flyable not only with 10 GB or 12 GB of GPU.

As I said - we do not neglect the existence of the problem, but we are still not fully sure what is causing it. Please believe us - we are determined to find a solution, But to do this we must replicate the issue. Otherwise, it's impossible to solve it.
ernestvjr1Transam10
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Ernest

Post by ernestvjr1Transam10 »

I have had a problem with the Chicago night enhanced and the Chicago Landmarks. The Chicago Enhanced is incompatible with Meigs airport. I had to uninstall it. The Chicago Landmarks crashes the new version of FS. I had to uninstall it as well. Will there be an updated to both?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

"Chicago night enhanced" - what is that??
Danni
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Dan

Post by Danni »

Severe performance issue (100% repeatable)
Hi, I have version 1.2.1
My system is R5600X, RTX3080, 32GB 4000mhz RAM, PCIe 4 Nvme drive, SSD
Settings DX 12, DLSS quality (Have tried DX11 same issue)

Flying from KBOS (Or Midway) base aircraft and flying to coast so that need to bank (turn) right to head for City and then flying parallel to coast over the ocean.
My FPS is locked at 45fps max and CPU timing is 20ms and GPU around 10ms (no Vsync)
But as I approach the big wheel my CPU and GPU timings rise sometimes doubling, or even tripling and FPS drops to as low 15 FPS with stutter.
This then continues until I fly way from the area and timings and FPS recover.
Flying back around the same route will cause the same performance issue although perhaps not as severe.
This is flying low and slow and I had tried with and without anything else in my scenery folder.
I even tried deleting Meigs Field but still get the same issue.

Could you please investigate and issue hotfix as this makes your otherwise wonderful scenery unfliable for me, especially in VR (Happens VR or 2D)
PS
I like the night lighting and see what you have gone for but personally would like the oversaturated look just slightly toned down as it is too unrealistic as is.
Don't get me wrong, I think over exposed is a good look to get that city vibe but feel it is a little overdone.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We've already got a different texture set for the night lighting which looks much more realistic. It will be published together with the performance fix (but this all will come after KEWR release).
Danni
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Dan

Post by Danni »

Good to hear, thanks for the info.
What is the timeframe for the KEWR release, I do lot of my flying out of there so it is a product I would be interested in as well as helping me have a timeframe for a Chicago fix.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It will be out very soon.
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 13 Dec 2022, 04:19 We've already got a different texture set for the night lighting which looks much more realistic. It will be published together with the performance fix (but this all will come after KEWR release).

There’s a performance fix coming? We’re you able to replicate the issues a lot of us experience?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No, but we can still optimize it. Just not right now.
Daisser
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Lou

Post by Daisser »

I'm so glad there's a performance fix, I was a user who was having lag issues with Chicago. I upgraded to a 4090 though and currently it runs amazing no issues. I will be happy with the updated light set too, can't wait!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, on 4090 everything runs amazingly :lol:
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: Paul

Post by yvrbc »

Hi All

Since the release of Newark (which I don’t have yet but will probably purchase soon), I notice that Drzewiecki have been busy updating their already released products. Seattle been one of the latest releases which I thank them for.

I notice a comment was made that a Chicago update was mentioned back in Dec 2022 and just wondered how it is progressing.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

At the moment we are working on some other updates, but this one is planned too.