Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

FLYLI
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jim

Re: Chicago Landmarks MSFS

Post by FLYLI »

It must be possible, as another developer had their Hong Kong scenery made compatible with the Kai tak airport on xbox. Maybe just request Asobo to make their Meigs airport priority over your scenery, or ask them how it was done with Hong Kong and Kai Tak? As a customer, I have no access to Asobo, just know it looks horrible.

Regards
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

We will see - on the way there is a new functionality that will allow us to test our sceneries in Xbox finally. Perhaps then we will find a solution.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You need to adjust layers so that the KCGX scenery is on top.
henkerhaus
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Todd

Post by henkerhaus »

Hi,

I have determined that this package is NOT compatible with Sim Update 12.
I have tested it one at at a time.
When Installed, MSFS2020 never gets past the “Checking for Updates” screen… just an endless spinning curser.
When removed, MSFS2020 launches without issue.

This was among 44 other Official and Community packages that I found to also not be SIM Update 12 compatible.
I have been in contact with MSFS support over the past 3 weeks trying to resolve this.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
henkerhaus wrote: Sunday 23 Apr 2023, 04:13 I have determined that this package is NOT compatible with Sim Update 12.
Congratulations!
But... your conclusion is wrong. The product is perfectly compatible with every sim iteration, including the 12 update.

Sim version 1.31.22.0
fresh install of the product (v1.3):

FLYLI
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jim

Post by FLYLI »

".....There is also the "Package Reorder Tool" if you need to change the scenery priorities. Under "General Options>Experimental".

And it is also possible to edit the "content.xml" file manually and define priority. In case of an evident conflict between packages this helps...."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...In most cases, yes. Layering of airports on True Earth etc. are not necessary as MSFS comes with its own "True Earth" included.

This said, there are rare cases where layering is required. I had one of them with an airport close to Moscow clashing with Moscow landmarks. In this case, there is a layering tool in the "Experimental" menu (which I guess only few people know about).

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: I should add that some addons take care of layering by alphabetic order (prefixing a- or z-.) I saw this on some global freeware addons. This is similar to the alphabetic layering X-Plane does, btw...."

From AVSIM Forum
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for sharing - especially Package Reorder Tool should be used much more often by MSFS users to avoid some incompatibilities.
fasttimesvero

Post by fasttimesvero »

Hello, I am playing on Xbox X and since the last update, several of the buildings are not rendering, even at a short distance away. They are completely grey until very close up. This is ruining the city quite frankly. My YT Channel is FastTimesVero, I have 10K subs and LOVE your Chicago scenery. I sincerely hope this can be fixed as it’s basically unflyable. Thank You So Much.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, I don't know your settings - have you tried to play with them? Please also bear in mind that Xbox is still very unstable with complex sceneries and we had to publish more optimized versions. If the performance is good, we absolutely can improve LODs but first of all, we need to be sure that the scenery works at all and is operationally available and stable for all Xbox users.
fasttimesvero

Post by fasttimesvero »

Thank you my friend for responding. It’s performance is good but truly is unusable because all the buildings are grey squares until you are extremely close. We want to fly into the city in airliners and it looks awful until you are extremely close. I really love your product. I know my 10 thousand subscribers do as well but we need this fixed please. My settings are top tier. Prior to your update if they were not rendered, they were at least colored so it wasn’t so obvious Thank you and I look forward to your reply.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

After a long time, we are finally able to test our sceneries on Xbox - as soon as we find a time slot, we will make some testing and the respective improvements.
fasttimesvero

Post by fasttimesvero »

Awesome my friend thank you!
fort384
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: fort384

Post by fort384 »

HI - I bought the Chicago Landmarks scenery as well as KEWR yesterday and both are great, when they load. Chicago in particular, everything appears as gray indistinct boxes until I am very close. I am flying in VR with ~200 LOD. I have a 4090 so machine should be capable but haven't found a fix. LOD doesn't seem to do it. KEWR I suffer the same problem but to a much lesser extent - most everything there loads in.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

My assumption is that we are talking about the PC version. Without VR everything is correct? I'm afraid we've never tested our sceneries with VR.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Using different LOD values for PC, VR and Xbox is impossible. We need to come up with one LOD value, which (in general) is PC-optimized.