RJAA Tokyo Narita MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: RJAA Tokyo Narita MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

ddobagi810 wrote: Friday 03 Nov 2023, 02:59 I bought RJAABut VDGS does not fit.
Hi. RJAA has VGDS only via 3rd party GSX. Configs can be obtained for free or there is a payware, verified solution for all our products, as mentioned.
ddobagi810 wrote: Friday 03 Nov 2023, 02:59 Why should I buy CartaynaFiles just because of RJAA?
Well, because you want good GSX configs I guess. But you can try some free configs too.
ddobagi810 wrote: Friday 03 Nov 2023, 02:59 After RJAA 1.3 patch, I needed CartaynaFiles because of VDGS. You are asking me to pay again.
Definitely not. If you have issues with Cartayna, which is a different company, please contact them directly to solve the issue.
ddobagi810 wrote: Friday 03 Nov 2023, 02:59 What you should be doing is not asking me to buy CartaynaFiles. RJAA's VDGS in its normal place, even if you don't buy CartaynaFiles. without buying CartaynaFiles.
I don't ask you to buy Cartayna. This just just an option. VGDS is not included as native MSFS does not support VGDS, only 3rd party applications do this (such as GSX) and we don't work with 3rd party apps. Please ask Asobo why the VGDS system hasn't been developed.
GLEX
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Myles

Post by GLEX »

Hello im a user who bought RJAA for MSFS from simmarket, I chose the option not to remove static aircraft and reinstalled it but still have RJAA_Static.BGL file but still no static aircraft appear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GLEX
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Myles

Post by GLEX »

Solved it. clear and reinstall the existing cache in MSFS's "SceneryIndexes" and the static aircraft reappear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaveRuk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dave

Post by DaveRuk »

Hello, first post here so I hope I follow the rules ok!

I'm seeking help in updating RJAA v1.20 > v1.30.

I purchased RJAA for MSFS a while ago. I purchased from Aerosoft at the time, and that was v1.20. I've just noticed v1.30 is available and downloaded that from my Aerosoft account.

What I am unclear of is best process to update the version. Should I remove v1.20 completely then carry out a new install using the v1.30 exe?
Or, can I just run the v1.30 exe and it will only update files as required?

For info:
-RJAA is installed to \Community and I don't have Rolling Cache enabled.
-I don't have any menu options in Windows other than a link to the airport document/manual
-I checked MSFS Content Manager vs RJAA and whilst it lists the airport it doesn't offer a delete/uninstall option.
-I do use Contrail but it doesn't seem to integrate login to my Aerosoft account so it looks like that update route isn't possible

Thanks in advance

Dave
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, I'm afraid we have nothing to do with the Aerosoft installer - they built their own one on the basis of our files.
Theoretically, if you run the installer again, it should update the respective files. But it never hurts if you delete the scenery folder from Community and all files will be installed again.
DaveRuk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Dave

Post by DaveRuk »

Thanks for the reply Martin. I deleted and installed from scratch and so far all seems ok.
I normally buy direct, not sure why I didn't on that occasion, as I appreciate it may not be helpful with support issues.
:)

Thanks again.
seporan
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: seporan

Post by seporan »

Can't install RJAA. Installer says it can't create folder drzewieckidesign-rjaa in my community folder. Had no problems in Tallinn and Newark sceneries.

I searched some info about this possibly related to registry index problem but couldn't find out how to fix it for msfs2020. Can someone provide specific instructions? Or could I just get the scenery exported some other location and then move it to community folder like freeware sceneries?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Installers for all products work the same, it is very strange if you could install our other products but not RJAA. Can you provide any more details about what might be different during this particular installation?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you share the error message?

I remember that we had one reported case with Narita where One Drive had been causing troubles and messing with the installation.
seporan
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: seporan

Post by seporan »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 30 Nov 2023, 19:41 Can you share the error message?

I remember that we had one reported case with Narita where One Drive had been causing troubles and messing with the installation.
Thanks! These comments led me to a solution, yet I don't know what exactly was wrong.

I have msfs installed on a different drive than default C: drive, perhaps this could cause some issues. I tested KEWR installer and this time it provided the same error, even though I managed to install it previously to the same location without trouble.

I changed community folder name so installer couldn't detect it and this let me to select the msfs folder path again in installer. Changed the community folder name back and managed to run the installer.

Tested the scenery in msfs and it's brilliant.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Perfect - have a nice flying time!
natta193

Post by natta193 »

Hi all,

My first time posting here.

I recently bought RJAA and its amazing!

However, there are random patches of grass scattered around the airport (in squares). How do I fix this? (Screenshot attached)

Cheers,

Natta
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This may be a conflict with another product - I even see some extra jetways everywhere.
natta193

Post by natta193 »

Ah it could be gsx, I'll disable the airport within gsx and report back.

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please report after disabling the airport in GSX and please make sure that there is no other addon that might interfere with ours, or at least set a higher priority to our addon (via Package Reorder Tool).