Thank you.
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: Paul

Re: RJAA Tokyo Narita MSFS

Post by yvrbc »

Hi

Please may you confirm the version number for Narita RJAA, update via Orbx Central now says 1.2, but from front page this forum it says 1.1?

Thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

v1.2 is the new last version - it will be updated soon.
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: Paul

Post by yvrbc »

Thanks for confirming.
internetmaverick
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Adrian

Post by internetmaverick »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 21 Jun 2022, 10:51
Abriael wrote: Friday 17 Jun 2022, 17:49Hello. It is possible to add airline codes to the stands. Many developers are already doing it and it works.
internetmaverick wrote: Sunday 15 May 2022, 10:47Would it be possible to add separate airline codes to each of the individual parking spots at the airport?
Hi. All (most) RJAA stands have airline codes added and airlines park there correctly. I am not sure what the problem is. Perhaps your AI traffic is wrongly configured if it does not work in your case.

I see, I believe the ATC program I use does not recognise those codes then.

Thanks for clarifying!

Also are there any plans to create a custom GSX profile for RJAA now that GSX for MSFS has released (I understand if there's no time for that as you do have other projects to focus on, just wondering)?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

internetmaverick wrote: Thursday 18 Aug 2022, 23:13 are there any plans to create a custom GSX profile for RJAA
I'm afraid there is no such plan at the moment.
Bigt
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Bigt

Post by Bigt »

Have you guys figured out the centerline lighting yet? Again, I've noticed more devs using orange/green high speed exit lighting at the airports that use it in real life.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, which devs do you mean and which sceneries? I'm afraid we still have some difficulties in creating such a feature.
farman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by farman »

Hi, I've got the very same issue; when approaching to Narita, the pc CTD. Same thing when opening the scenario starting at RJAA. I purchased it at ORBX
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Are we talking about the PC version or Xbox?
farman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by farman »

I'm talking about the pc version; I flew there with different planes (PMDG 737 and Asobo Pitts). In the first case, just 2 miles before landing with the 737 the pc CTD - two landings attemptss, two CTD. Talking off from the very same runway (34L) with the Pitts, 3/4 times the PC CTD, just after in the air.
I tried 1) to verify the files from ORBX Central and to uninstall and reinstall it, but to no avail.
regards,
Fulvio
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Should I understand that this CTD do you get with our RJAA scenery only?
What are your PC specs? Do you have Bing data enabled?
Have you tried to reduce the sim settings to see if there is any difference?
Have you tried to rebuild the content.xml and SceneryIndexes?
At the very beginning there were some problems with CTD, but it was about one year ago. Which version do you have installed?
farman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by farman »

HI:
Should I understand that this CTD do you get with our RJAA scenery only?
It happens at RJAA only
What are your PC specs? Do you have Bing data enabled?
Windows 10pro / Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4,2 GHz / 32gB RAM / nVidia gForce GTX 1070, LAST UPDATE 517.48 *** Bing data Enabled
Have you tried to reduce the sim settings to see if there is any difference?
No
Have you tried to rebuild the content.xml and SceneryIndexes?
What is this, please? I always delete the Cache data, and settings to delete cache at ewxit
At the very beginning there were some problems with CTD, but it was about one year ago. Which version do you have installed?

Hi, these are the answers to your questions; thanks for any further help.
Fulvio
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Dear Fluvio, thanks for your feedback. For sure your support will help us to identify the cause of your problem.

I do not know your sim settings, but - as your GPU is not very powerful - high sim settings might cause some CTD issues with more complex sceneries. I'm not saying that this is the cause of your problem, but firstly we need to rule it out. Can you do us a favour and try to reduce the graphic settings to see if it makes any difference?

From which store do you have your version of RJAA?
farman wrote: Saturday 01 Oct 2022, 14:43 Have you tried to rebuild the content.xml and SceneryIndexes?
SceneryIndexes and content.xml - you need to find the folder with Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ in the name (the rest of the name may vary by system), which should be available here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\ folder

Then please do the backup of SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml (just in case) and remove both. Afterwards, start the sim again (it might be a little bit longer than normal).

The "rolling cache" can contain data which, when combined with the installation of a new airport, cause either anomalies or a CTD. It is also the case that the content.xml file is only updated to add products, it does not update when a product has been removed. The recommendation is therefore that before attempting to use a newly installed scenery product, both the rolling cache and the Content.xml file are deleted.

Note: If you cannot see the appdata folder, you may need to enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives" in your

The Steam version is C:\Users\Your name\appdata\roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.xml

Other versions of MSFS may have the Content.xml file in a different location.
farman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by farman »

Hi,
first of all I want to thank you for your quick and kind support;
-found the two folders/file you suggested me to delete (of course I've backed up them, for the "just in case, you know").
-I purchased RJAA at ORBX that usually is very fast to update any new version;
-for the rest of your question, when I first installed MSFS I was told that my system was an "high end" one, and all the settings was in line with this statement. I flew with different planes (most with the PMDG 737) in very dense urban areas (such as NY, London, Paris, and nearly all of the Samscene or ORBX city sceneries, without facing any FPS drop or issue - letting apart Hong Kong VHHH airport by WF Sceneries -.
BTW, I'm currently flying and, when finished, I'll do the moves you suggested me; of course I'll send you a feedback.
Re-thanks & regards,
Fulvio