Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

nobleord
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bryan

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by nobleord »

Hi,

Minor item that I noticed while taxiing on my last flight, there was a levitating ground worker (near gate 25/27 perhaps)? :lol: Also sorry it looks so washed out, must have caught the sun glare.
kdca-floater.png

Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Bryan, thanks for your report - we will note it and take a look into this before the next update.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Levitating ground workers might be related to deactivated static aircraft. This is expected. If this is not the case, please let us know.
nobleord
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bryan

Post by nobleord »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 01 Sep 2022, 13:53 Hi.
Levitating ground workers might be related to deactivated static aircraft. This is expected. If this is not the case, please let us know.
I checked and in the Orbx configuration the checkbox is checked for the "toggle to enable or disable static aircraft" item. When it is checked that is where the levitating worker is noticed. I do not see static aircraft regardless if this is checked or not. The next time I am in the sim, I will uncheck this option to see if it has any impact on the levitating person.

Thanks,
Bryan
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

If you are not able to switch the statics on or off, I suggest asking about this feature on the ORBX forum first. This is because ORBX builds their own installers based on our source files and maybe something is wrong there. It would be great if you could ask them directly. If you don't get any help, I will support you then.
alxvown
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: alex

Post by alxvown »

I noticed inoperable jetways around gates 40-50 as well. Not sure if this has been fixed yet just wanted to report it :) MSFS said that the jetway can't be found.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

What about 41 or 39? Are they inoperate either?

We also observed the issue with some jetways, but to be very honest we are not fully sure why there are two jetways, designed and configured completely in the same way, but one works and the other one doesn't. As soon as we figure it out, it will be solved.
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: Awemeter

Post by Awemeter »

Awemeter wrote: Monday 22 Aug 2022, 22:56 The sounds seem a bit bugged with the Fenix a320. When I go outside the Fenix flight deck I can barely hear the fans from the jetway but when I go back inside the flight deck the sound is very loud even with all my doors closed. Is it also possible to remove some of the static ground vehicles like the pushback truck or the GPU carts? These vehicles interfere with MSFS/GSX ground services and cause the vehicles to collide with each other.
Any word on this?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, I'm afraid we have no solution to the sound issue and it might be caused due to the limitations of the sim. Regarding removing the ground vehicles - I need to check if it's possible to deactivate a file placing such objects - from which store do you have this scenery?
alxvown
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: alex

Post by alxvown »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 14 Sep 2022, 17:55 What about 41 or 39? Are they inoperate either?

We also observed the issue with some jetways, but to be very honest we are not fully sure why there are two jetways, designed and configured completely in the same way, but one works and the other one doesn't. As soon as we figure it out, it will be solved.
Right now I can't easier find one jetway that operates correctly :(
jcatlga
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by jcatlga »

I purchased this addon through MSFS store in the sim. I did not see any install options. It just installed.

How can I remove the static aircraft? Please tell me where the file(s) are located and I can remove them manually.

A smaller issue, however I also saw the same problem where some jetways are not working.

Thanks,
John.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Unfortunately it's not possible to remove statics with the version bought from the MSFS store. The naming of files is completely different than in our installer, so we are not able to indicate the respective files.

Regarding jetways - we are not fully sure why there are two jetways, designed and configured completely in the same way, but one works and the other one doesn't. As soon as we have a solution, we will provide the update.
jcatlga
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by jcatlga »

So how then do we remove statics if we have the MSFS store version??
jcatlga
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by jcatlga »

Hello, regarding the statics, can you provide the names of the files and the size in bytes please.
With that information it may be enough to find the files here. Even if they are named differently.
Thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

jcatlga wrote: Friday 23 Sep 2022, 00:25 remove statics if we have the MSFS store version??
It's not possible then - this installer is not done by us, so you need to raise this question to the MSFS store. The same with file naming - it's totally different than our files, so we are not able to indicate the respective ones.