KDCA Washington National MSFS

Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: Awemeter

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by Awemeter »

Your new KDCA update is amazing just amazing. You are doing stuff in a sim no one else has ever done. Adding sounds to the airport like cars, jetway air units, atc chatter in the tower, honking cars, AND THE METRO SOUND. You are the best cant wait for what you do with KEWR.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

We are very happy to hear that - please do not forget to write the positive comment about our scenery in your store :wink:
jmille2622
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Jeff

Post by jmille2622 »

I'm using Latin VFR static aircraft add on which isn't a problem with KDCA, although it's a bit crowded with the KDCA static aircraft; however, there is a problem at gate 5 where two Southwest aircraft are parked. Is there a way to block the Latin VFR static aircraft at KDCA or to correct issue at gate 5? I downloaded KDCA from Microsoft Store. Thanks, and I love your scenery!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid so far we were not able to block or remove Latin VFR statics, even if we tried to.
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: Paul

Post by yvrbc »

Hope I am allowed to say but on FlightSim.to there is a file that realigns the VFR Static aircraft by LVFR to allow them to fit with the Washington National Scenery. However, it does involve disabling the static aircraft file which came with the scenery.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

yvrbc wrote: Wednesday 20 Jul 2022, 21:48 involve disabling the static aircraft file which came with the scenery.
Unfortunately we're stuck with the same status when we have been trying to fix it :roll:
nobleord
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bryan

Post by nobleord »

I love the DCA scenery! I connected at DC back in June and the scenery reminds very much of the actual airport.

One issue I am having since the last update... the jetways no longer work. For example I am at gate 38 and cannot attach the jetway. This same gate worked previously. I have tried via the jetway option in the PMDG FMC as well as calling MSFS ATC, but no luck with either. Is this a known issue, did something break with my install of the scenery, etc? I have scenery via Orbx.

Thanks,
Bryan
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, thanks a lot for your kind words.

Let me check your issue with jetways - I will get back to you a.s.a.p.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's not working at the gate 38 indeed. But can you check if it's working in your case at the gate 41?
nobleord
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by nobleord »

Hi,

I tried gate 41 and it did work. I slewed a bit to try some other gates and here is what I found...gates 39 and 29 also worked. Gates 37, 43, 45, 31, 25, and 37 did not work.

Thanks,
Bryan
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

So, you have exactly the same situation as we've observed in our environment. The point is that we are not fully sure why there are two jetways, designed and configured in the same way, but one works and the other one doesn't. Nevertheless, we've already noted this issue and we will try to figure it out.
nobleord
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by nobleord »

Thanks!
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

I’m having the jetway issue with the PMDG 737 on gates 3 and 4 also. Didn’t try others, but these two didn’t work
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Awemeter »

The sounds seem a bit bugged with the Fenix a320. When I go outside the Fenix flight deck I can barely hear the fans from the jetway but when I go back inside the flight deck the sound is very loud even with all my doors closed. Is it also possible to remove some of the static ground vehicles like the pushback truck or the GPU carts? These vehicles interfere with MSFS/GSX ground services and cause the vehicles to collide with each other.
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Awemeter »

Awemeter wrote: Monday 22 Aug 2022, 22:56 The sounds seem a bit bugged with the Fenix a320. When I go outside the Fenix flight deck I can barely hear the fans from the jetway but when I go back inside the flight deck the sound is very loud even with all my doors closed. Is it also possible to remove some of the static ground vehicles like the pushback truck or the GPU carts? These vehicles interfere with MSFS/GSX ground services and cause the vehicles to collide with each other.
If a GSX push-back tug or MSFS tug was spawned here they would collide and look weird.