KDCA Washington National MSFS

Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

nobleord
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bryan

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by nobleord »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 09 Sep 2022, 05:10 If you are not able to switch the statics on or off, I suggest asking about this feature on the ORBX forum first. This is because ORBX builds their own installers based on our source files and maybe something is wrong there. It would be great if you could ask them directly. If you don't get any help, I will support you then.
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response, did not receive a notification email that there was a new post here. I was getting ready this evening to create a screenshot to post in the Orbx forum, but it looks like the static aircraft are now appearing. I am sitting at gate 29 and there is an AA airbus at gate 27 (it keeps pushing back and then forward). Also other aircraft at various other gates nearby (looks like 36 and 34). I have AI turned off, so these should not be AI planes.

I guess the SU10 update did something to make the statics appear once again?

Thanks,
Bryan
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

To be very honest it's hard to say - I don't know what do you already see in your sim. The scenery should look like on our screenshots from the product page.
jcatlga
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by jcatlga »

Please send to me the names of the statics to be removed manually: the file names (drzewiecki names) and file sizes. From that I can find the files to remove, even if they were renamed.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

If there is no option in the installer then those objects are not intended to be removed.
jcatlga
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by jcatlga »

Statics are a No-Go here. I only use vatsim or AI traffic. If it cannot be removed then I need to get a Refund processed for this product. I don't have any option at all to have static aircraft.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Okay, then you need to get a refund, but please note, that:
a) a product looks exactly as on promo shots and it was never mentioned that some elements of it could be removed.
b) Marketplace installers are built by MS and cannot include options; static aircraft in our products can only be removed in our own and ORBX's installers.
c) VATSIM and AI traffic do not care if static aircraft are present or not. In VATSIM you simply log in at a free stand and after landing request to taxi to a stand that is not occupied.
Philip Lymberis
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Philip

Post by Philip Lymberis »

hello Drzewiecki designs team,hope your fine.
I have just recently bought the dca for msfs and i have to say that its a piece of art and i really love it :) .Unfortunately thought i have been facing some trouble with the jetaways,you see for some reason they are not responding at the commands i give them and i cant properly connect them to the aircraft.i tried asking for help from other users of the airport i know and they didnt know why this was happening.i tried multiple times to reinstall it on the sim(from the orbx store)and i still nothing happened,i hope you can hep me figure out how i can fix soon.thanks for your attention.I dont really want to and up to a refund and get people to trouble i just want to fix the issue if posible of cource :)

-Philip
jcatlga
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by jcatlga »

Only some of the jetways are working. See some of the comments in this thread. I wonder why this would be the case?

Jetways work with default airports, however this is a payware and most do not work. How does it pass testing and release checking when something this obvious is not right?

Is there an update planned for KDCA with jetways all working?

I am a previous customer from XP. I bought several products for XP including KDCA airport. It would be great to know what are the next updates planned for MSFS KDCA (if any).

Thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please believe us that there is no-one more interested in solving the problem than we are. The point is that all jetways are designed and created in the very same way and we are still not sure why one of them works and the other ones don't. As soon as we know how to fix this, we will provide the updated version.
occidio
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Travis

Post by occidio »

As it's not possible to add a function to remove the static aircraft, couldn't you simply provide to the MSFS store a version that doesn't have the static aircraft to begin with? It really doesn't serve a good purpose and with new model matching and traffic injection software becoming available, it is more of a nuisance than a feature.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I believe that static aircraft provide a lot of variety and life to our products hence they will remain a "basic" option.

The issue with jetways has been reported but no solution is available yet.
Jqro001
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jaro

Post by Jqro001 »

Many of the jetways on the gates don’t function. Act says they are unavailable and can’t get them to activate via planes efb
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The issue is known for us, however the cause of problem is still not fully-identified. We will do our best to provide the updated version, but it will probably require from us some additional free resources. We count on your understanding and patience - during nearly 15 years of our activity on the market, we have proven many times that we do not leave the users of our sceneries alone. This topic is not as obvious as it seems, hence a longer waiting time.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Post by FrequentFlyer »

I noticed that even choosing the "no statics" option in my ORBX Central still leaves you with a ghost APU sounds and empty parking spots that you nor the AI traffic can't occupy.
In short it just removes the models itself but don't actually makes the parking spots/gates usable.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, that is correct.