Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

AAdvantageGold wrote: Monday 17 Oct 2022, 17:20 We've got response from ORBX
As promised, we discussed the reported issue for static planes with ORBX. Unfortunately, ORBX cannot replicate the issue:
After many tests, the control panel is functioning correctly with the file renaming and we can see in the dev tools that the bgl is being loaded when being reactivated. We have been testing this for KDCA and KMDW, the files are toggling correctly and the statics are appearing after being switched back on. Customers can try clearing their scenery index files to see if that fixes the problem.
We also did a few tests of our installers and everything works as it should. I'm afraid there is nothing more that we can do.
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: Awemeter

Post by Awemeter »

I hope all is well,

It appears the runway lighting system for runway 19 is a bit incorrect. The circled light is placed in the middle of the Mt Vernon Trail path. Could this maybe be corrected? It would also be cool if Gravelly Point could be modeled which is nothing but a few benches and porta potties. Image

All the best,
Awemeter
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Awemeter »

Also in my post above you can notice some pretty high trees next to the loc array.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 16 Nov 2022, 10:16
AAdvantageGold wrote: Monday 17 Oct 2022, 17:20 We've got response from ORBX
As promised, we discussed the reported issue for static planes with ORBX. Unfortunately, ORBX cannot replicate the issue:
After many tests, the control panel is functioning correctly with the file renaming and we can see in the dev tools that the bgl is being loaded when being reactivated. We have been testing this for KDCA and KMDW, the files are toggling correctly and the statics are appearing after being switched back on. Customers can try clearing their scenery index files to see if that fixes the problem.
We also did a few tests of our installers and everything works as it should. I'm afraid there is nothing more that we can do.
I can confirm that after the latest update the static aircraft (de)activation works flawlessly again. Likely it was a bug in the previous Sim version.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

FrequentFlyer wrote: Thursday 17 Nov 2022, 09:49 static aircraft (de)activation works flawlessly again
That's fantastic to hear,
Awemeter wrote: Thursday 17 Nov 2022, 08:20 some pretty high trees next to the loc array.
Awemeter wrote: Thursday 17 Nov 2022, 07:37 circled light is placed in the middle of the Mt Vernon Trail path. Could this maybe be corrected? It would also be cool if Gravelly Point could be modeled
It's noted - we will take a look into this when we start working on the new version.
ADP9295
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Aaron

Post by ADP9295 »

Can you guys maybe provide and update to this airport on Xbox? Any attempts to land or start at this airport causes the sim to straight up crash.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As soon as we know what has to be updated or fixed, we will do it immediately. The problem is that we’ve no idea what is causing CTDs and we cannot test any potential solutions. CTDs are also not consistent - for some users, products work just fine while others can’t even load an airplane at the airport.

Our products are add-ons to the main app and this cannot be tested by us. We have no information on how Microsoft tests the sceneries but they say everything is tested and working fine prior to release. If some products are pulled out of Xbox then we can’t really even deal with that since we have no tools available to fix potential issues with Xbox.

Please complain to Microsoft, because we have reported issues with Xbox to MS several times but did not receive any resources to troubleshoot the products. Maybe if they get more complaints from the users, they will finally take a look into it.
drsimmer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: BillyB

Post by drsimmer »

Hello, the WT CJ4 and PMDG 737-700 are dropping the localizer (ILS 01) at around 200 feet AGL and veering off to the left. I see that a similar issue has been brought up before. Not having this happen at any other airport that I fly into.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid we have no clue - as far as I remember, we didn't touch nav points. Have you ever tried with any other aircraft or default one?
drsimmer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: BillyB

Post by drsimmer »

Landed the PMDG 737-700 this morning with no problems. Didn't change anything. Must be something with my setup. I'll try re-installing the WT CJ4. Awesome airport. Thanks.
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Awemeter »

Escalator animation does not work.
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Awemeter »

It appears the irl airport layout has changed. Could KDCA be updated to match the new layout?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Can you elaborate, please?
msfstucson
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Matthew

Post by msfstucson »

Hi there. First off, I really love the quality of your products. I have both the DC airport and landmarks MSFS store downloads. Lately as I start my final approach into DCA, ATC cuts out and the voices stop. Would anyone happen to know what these instances are caused by? DCA is the only airport I run into this issue with. I have verified I have no other DC related add ons aside from the MSFS World Update stuff. Thanks and Merry Christmas :)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Honestly, we have no idea what could cause such an ATC issue. Was it only once or did you notice it more times? If you were able to replicate this issue, which runway and which approach was it? Have you tried to make some standard operation like rebuild SceneryIndexes or find out the prioritization of our scenery for MSFS?