Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There should be desks at the gates.
We did not plan to add more details there, there are quite a lot of them actually.
We did however a significant optimization of the entire airport.
ironlemon
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Grzegorz

Post by ironlemon »

Hello!

I’m a huge fan of your products and I decided to complete my Drzewiecki collection on Xbox using the current Marketplace sale. Looks like it didn’t happen without issues, however.

My KCDA seems to suffer from the missing people & interior details issue that was being reported here quite often last year. However, I see you have pushed an updated 1.2 version to the marketplaces that was supposed to fix this bug. According to my content manager, I have an up-to-date version 1.2.0.

Was there another update that wasn’t published to the Xbox Marketplace yet? Or does it mean the issue is still persisting?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, this is a bug.
Although there was a previous update, we are currently preparing a brand new update so it would fix this issue as well.
ironlemon
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Grzegorz

Post by ironlemon »

Thank you! I also had similar LOD issues on KMDW so I’m crossing fingers for the successful fixes :)
StyxBoatman
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: StyxBoatman

Post by StyxBoatman »

Hello!

I'm new to FS2020 and, by proxy, premium add-ons. I've been apprehensive about purchasing airports because I was of the thought of "why bother if I spend most of my time in the air and the AI generated ones are fine." Thankfully, after reading several wonderful recommendations about your team and the quality of your products, I decided to take advantage of the sale and purchase several of your offerings.

Regretfully, I've seemed to have encountered some "issues" that I'd like to share. I looked at the product page and the forum to see if there was a "known issue" list, but I didn't find one. I tried my best to search before posting, but I only found one other post with one of my "concerns." I apologize if it has been posted already and I just missed it. For reference, I play both on PC and Xbox, and primarily fly the A320.

I've noticed the following after attempting some "real world" flights:
1) When spawning at Gate 14, which is labeled as a "Small Gate", you are unable to connect the jetway to the plane. I'm assuming it should be labeled as a "Medium Gate," but I'm not sure why the jetway won't work.
2) You are unable to select Gate 12 as a valid gate.
3) There are three runway 19's available in the selection menu if you pick to start from a runway.
4) As another person posted, in-game ATC, for some reason, believes that Runway 19 is Runway 16. I was told to use that runway for departure, and it ended up breaking my taxi. The tug would connect but wouldn't push the plane back. I had to use reverse thrusters to leave the gate, which was fun. :mrgreen: I figured out they wanted me to depart from 19 after Showcase camming both runways 15 & 19 and seeing where AI planes were landing and departing from.

I hope you don't take this feedback as any sort of dissatisfaction. I've flown in/out of KDCA both IRL and in the sim several times, and I never expected what a change having custom high-quality scenery would make to my sim experience. The first time I loaded into Gate 14, after purchasing your product, and seeing trains and cars drive by through the windowed corridor in front of me just completely sold me. I quite enjoyed my time at the airport and am looking forward to discovering the other gates and the views they'll provide.

Also, I'm VERY much looking forward to KRNT making its way to the marketplace, hopefully with Xbox support!

Thank you for your time!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Firstly, thank you very much for giving a chance to our products and for sharing your experience with us - I can assure you that we monitor each report, we note and if it's a thing, we will work on it a.s.a.p.

Regarding point 4 - it will be fixed in the next version, but in the meantime, you can use the fix from this post: viewtopic.php?p=25482#p25482 (let us also know if it fixes your issue mentioned in point 3).

Regarding points 1 and 2 - give us a chance to take a look. But in the meantime I can tell you that some gates might not be available to choose from because they are aligned to our static planes - unfortunately, if you switch off the statics (which is not possible in the version from the Marketplace), such stands are not fully operative.
StyxBoatman wrote: Thursday 07 Apr 2022, 01:45 forward to KRNT making its way to the marketplace, hopefully with Xbox support!
We are waiting for this as well, but it's out of our hands.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The stands with static aircraft are not operational because other users would see your aircraft inside static aircraft. There are many more stands to choose from though :)
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 04 Apr 2022, 07:34 Hi.
Yes, this is a bug.
Although there was a previous update, we are currently preparing a brand new update so it would fix this issue as well.
I'm guessing that the update is purely for the Marketplace, as I have mine from ORBX and do not have any problems.
StyxBoatman
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by StyxBoatman »

Hello and thanks for your prompt response!
Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 07 Apr 2022, 10:13 Regarding point 4 - it will be fixed in the next version, but in the meantime, you can use the fix from this post: viewtopic.php?p=25482#p25482 (let us also know if it fixes your issue mentioned in point 3).
Gladly! I downloaded the file, but I'm unsure of where to place it. Do I just place it in the Community folder or is there someplace in the '".\Official\OneStore\drzewieckidesign-kdca\" folder that I should place it in? I looked in that folder and didn't see a file named the same way.
Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 07 Apr 2022, 10:13 Regarding points 1 and 2 - give us a chance to take a look. But in the meantime I can tell you that some gates might not be available to choose from because they are aligned to our static planes - unfortunately, if you switch off the statics (which is not possible in the version from the Marketplace), such stands are not fully operative.
Thanks! Although it appears based on this:
DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 07 Apr 2022, 10:36 The stands with static aircraft are not operational because other users would see your aircraft inside static aircraft. There are many more stands to choose from though :)
...that Gate 12 is not selectable due to a Static Aircraft? That would explain why I have seen a plane at that gate for several of my load ins. If that's the case, no biggie. Just with FS2020 had a better way of letting us know that this was the case. For example, if on the selection dropdown it said "Gate 12 - Currently Occupied" or something. I know that this is probably something you have no control over. :)

Looking forward to what you discover about Gate 14. That one should not be designated as static, as I haven't seen a plane there when I've used Gate 11. Also, if you figure out why multiple Runway 19's are showing up.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

StyxBoatman wrote: Thursday 07 Apr 2022, 15:59 didn't see a file named the same way
I presume you have the version from the Marketplace - in such the case they have their own installer and thus the files' structure might be different. I'm afraid it's probably necessary to wait for the new version.
StyxBoatman wrote: Thursday 07 Apr 2022, 15:59 what you discover about Gate 14
We checked the gate 14 and the jetway is working.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The update would be for everyone, not just Marketplace users.
StyxBoatman
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by StyxBoatman »

Apologies for taking some time to respond. I tested it soon after I read your response but got busy with family that was visiting.
Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 07 Apr 2022, 19:18 I presume you have the version from the Marketplace - in such the case they have their own installer and thus the files' structure might be different. I'm afraid it's probably necessary to wait for the new version.
Yes, I do have the marketplace version. No worries, waiting for the updated version is fine. There are plenty of routes and airports to fly in out of to keep me busy. :D
Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 07 Apr 2022, 19:18 We checked the gate 14 and the jetway is working.
Well, right you are! I'm not sure why I hit this issue. I tested both on PC and Xbox after receiving your response and it worked fine.

To share some background. I encountered it 3-4 times after I purchased and installed the airport. I can clearly remember one time on the Xbox, twice on the PC. On PC I tried both Toolbar Pushback and ATC, which the first just "didn't work" and the second I would receive the standard "we are unable to connect the jetway" response. I remember reloading the airport, in case something odd happened or there was some incompatibility with the FBW A32NX, changed the livery and selected another gate. Worked fine. Went back to 14, same issue. Then I tried on the Xbox and hit the same issue with the Asobo A320. Those are the times I clearly remember, but I feel like I've hit it a couple more times, hence me reaching out to you.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe at first install there may be some artifacts between AI generated KDCA and yours and after a few reloads/flights it sorted itself out? That is just pure speculation though.

Anyway, thank you very much for checking. I really appreciate it!!! :mrgreen:
el_ciel
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Geoff

Post by el_ciel »

Hello all!

Love the KDCA Scenery as it's my hometown airport and has an iconic design.

My issue - In January, I purchased the Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke Pack for PC MSFS. Ever since then, I've been experience Crash To Desktop (CTD) intermittently after pressing fly now from the world map and loading in to KDCA and using the Boeing Yoke. I get CTD on the load screen before I get into the sim. I've troubleshooted the CTDs (cleared cache, empty community folder, cleared reset cloud saved joystick profiles) and isolated it to the KDCA scenery and the yoke. I've removed all other peripherals except mouse and keyboard and have no issues loading into KDCA with community folder empty. I've also added other peripherals back and can load into KDCA without issue. I can load into other airports with the Boeing Yoke without issue.

What's frustrating is sometimes the yoke + DCA combo works. I'm at a loss, just curious if anyone else has reported issues with the Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke pack?

My specs:
i7 10700k
32GB Ram
1TB HD
RTX 3070
700w power supply (USB power issues with gpu intensive scenery?)

Appreciate any help!
Geoff
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

To be very honest we are lost too, because we've never heard about the similar problem and we have no idea what can be a conflict between the respective scenery and the yoke. We also don't have such combo to do any kind of testing. I'm afraid this is more the question to Asobo if they see any connection here or ask the producer of your yoke to check it (probably we can support them with our product if needed).
el_ciel
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Geoff

Post by el_ciel »

Just following up.

It's not a conflict with the KDCA scenery and the thrustmaster TCA boeing yoke. I haven't isolated it but it appears to be an issue I'm having with a complex 3rd party aircraft (ie fbw a32nx or WT CJ4) and this KDCA scenery for my first flight

Current workaround is to load into a non detailed airport, let fbw a32nx fully load, return to main menu, then select KDCA airport.