Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

AAdvantageGold
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Gold

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by AAdvantageGold »

FrequentFlyer wrote: Monday 17 Oct 2022, 09:29 We've got response from ORBX
In both instances the control panel is merely switching off and on the KDCA_Static.BGL and KMDW_Static.BGL files as requested by DD.
Both of the files are model library files and don't contain any placement information so I suggest that they are contacted directly as to why their files don't appear to be working.
It looks like we're going to be playing the "pass the blame" game...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No, we won't. Now we will contact ORBX directly.

Marcin, napisz proszę do ORBX z informacją, aby nie przekierowywali do nas spraw związanych ze swoimi instalatorami.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

FYI: I've just asked ORBX for more details - as soon as we find the cause of problem, we will let you know.
AAdvantageGold
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by AAdvantageGold »

Thanks. Their support team on their forum also said that they would be reaching out to you guys. Thanks for helping us out!
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: MediumRareBaku

Post by MediumRareBaku »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 03 Oct 2022, 06:35I am afraid we will not develop several versions of each product per customers' preferences.
Who are you developing your products for, if not your customers?
AAdvantageGold
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by AAdvantageGold »

AAdvantageGold wrote: Tuesday 18 Oct 2022, 13:35 Thanks. Their support team on their forum also said that they would be reaching out to you guys. Thanks for helping us out!
Do we have an update on this?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

MediumRareBaku wrote: Friday 28 Oct 2022, 02:05 Who are you developing your products for, if not your customers?
Please bear in mind that each modification or separate feature has a direct impact on the functionality of the scenery, number of future updates, development, testing, support, possible issues, etc. That's why we have a broader perspective considering the effective management of processes, resources and costs.
AAdvantageGold wrote: Friday 28 Oct 2022, 12:42 Do we have an update on this?
Not yet. In the meantime we did some more tests, because this feature works fully fine in our installers. For some reason, it's not working for ORBX, but we are in contact with them.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

MediumRareBaku wrote: Friday 28 Oct 2022, 02:05 Who are you developing your products for, if not your customers?
We are developing our products for our customers and for our own pleasure/income. But I do not see how this question relates to the issue.
That reply wasn't even addressed to you as it answers a particular distribution issue that wasn't critical in the case of X-Plane / P3D.
AAdvantageGold wrote: Friday 28 Oct 2022, 12:42 Do we have an update on this?
Working on it.
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by MediumRareBaku »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 30 Oct 2022, 12:30
We are developing our products for our customers and for our own pleasure/income. But I do not see how this question relates to the issue.
That reply wasn't even addressed to you as it answers a particular distribution issue that wasn't critical in the case of X-Plane / P3D.
It wasn't addressed to me, but it's relevant to me because I came here hoping to see a comment from you/your team saying that they would make the rest of the gates at KDCA functional with static aircraft removed. Why even bother giving me the option to remove static aircraft if I can't use GSX at those gates after?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

When KDCA was developed, GSX wasn't even available. :roll:
The option is mainly for VATSIM users.
Of course, you can use all the other gates as you wish.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As I mentioned - currently we have one file responsible for all gates/stands in the particular airport.
Each new or alternative file means more updates, tests, possible issues, etc. That's why in some sense we are looking into so-called simplicity and universality.
Noble41
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Noble41

Post by Noble41 »

Hello- I recently purchased the DCA airport via MSFS marketplace. I reviewed handful of post regarding the lack of jetway movement. It's disappointing that many of the jetways move. Does the Design Team have any updates on how to fix the lack of movement? Would the product work differently if I had purchased the Airport via a 3rd party and not thru the MSFS Marketplace?

Thank you.

I may have missed the Design Teams previous response, if so please point me that direction. thank you.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
No, the jetway animation was messed up by one of the sim updates. Probably about 1/3 of the jetways are currently unusable, the rest work fine.
We are currently working on jetways in the upcoming KEWR Newark and thoroughly analyzing the jetway behavior. After KEWR Newark is released, we will be able to fix KDCA jetways too. They have to be animated and exported again to work properly
(the good thing is that we know how to fix them).
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by MediumRareBaku »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 02 Nov 2022, 11:46 When KDCA was developed, GSX wasn't even available. :roll:
Irrelevant. MSFS natively allows you to connect jetways, and GSX was announced to be coming to MSFS very early on in MSFS's lifespan.
DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 02 Nov 2022, 11:46 Of course, you can use all the other gates as you wish.
I can't use them as I wish if the gates don't connect, because I wish to use them with connected gates.
DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 02 Nov 2022, 14:50 After KEWR Newark is released, we will be able to fix KDCA jetways too. They have to be animated and exported again to work properly (the good thing is that we know how to fix them).
This is all anyone wanted to hear, that it will be fixed, thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

MediumRareBaku wrote: Thursday 03 Nov 2022, 21:02 Irrelevant.
Something, which is irrelevant from your perspective, is relevant from the perspective of a development process + availability and compatibility for a different stores. Furthermore, we’ve never advertised our MSFS sceneries as compatible with GSX. But we have also never said that we will not think about such compatibility, but obviously not at the current stage when there are many projects having a higher priority.