KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS for Microsoft Flight Simulator (FS2020) by Drzewiecki Design

Product description:
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodKMDW_MSFS.htm

Image Image Image
mrdyer10
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Robert

Re: KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by mrdyer10 »

congrats on the nice work. Love the Jetway details hope to see this detail in older sceneries. I did notice on final to KMDW under low visibility the terminal stood out from the weather and was not obscured in the fog like other buildings.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AirbusTC
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Markus

Post by AirbusTC »

Hi there!
Congratulations on your KMDW release, it is really well done! Great amount of detail, nicely put into the surrounding scenery, no flat objects at the airport boundary, nice texture colours, the immersion here is really well done!

I did spot a few issues that would be great if you could look at them:

Since I've not been at Midway IRL I do not know the situation of the RLLS lighting for certain, but could you perhaps remove the flashing lights placed between the physical threshold and the displaced threshold for runway 31C/13C (marked on the screenshot)?
Because as it is now, any take-off on this runway is very painful and unrealistic at dusk, dawn and night, since those flashing white lights are rendered VERY bright.
If you could just make the RLLS stop at the physical threshold they would still be visible from afar but would work so much better in the sim for take-off. It might even be this way on the real airport.
kmdw1.jpg

The surface marked here should obviously not be grass. Could you perhaps change this to a more appropriate texture and material to cover this blurry colour on the aerial photo?
There are some other areas on the airport where there's patches of grass with this colour, would be great if those could be removed/covered as well.
kmdw2.jpg

Could you perhaps change the areas marked in this screenshot to something a bit higher-res? It does not fit well with the otherwise very crisp and detailed ground textures 8) Just a bit of a cosmetic thing really.
kmdw3.jpg

Would be fantastic if you could consider these items.
Thank you again for all your hard work!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi guys! Thank you for all your reports!
mrdyer10 wrote: Wednesday 29 Dec 2021, 19:27 under low visibility, the terminal stood out from the weather
Asobo could confirm the problem and is currently investigating this issue.
AirbusTC wrote: Thursday 30 Dec 2021, 02:34 could you perhaps remove the flashing lights
I am not sure we can do that as we have to use default sets of lights but we will investigate this further.
AirbusTC wrote: Thursday 30 Dec 2021, 02:34 Could you perhaps change this to a more appropriate texture and material to cover this blurry colour on the aerial photo?
Will look at that!
AirbusTC
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Markus

Post by AirbusTC »

Thanks for looking into these issues!

As for the approach lighting, is that default lighting coupled to the sim threshold position? If so you could perhaps move the sim threshold to where the physical threshold is located instead of the displaced one? In the sim I don't really care about its threshold position as long as the ILS GP is pointing at the right spot.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

AirbusTC wrote: Friday 31 Dec 2021, 02:10 is that default lighting
Yes, it is.
AirbusTC wrote: Friday 31 Dec 2021, 02:10 move the sim threshold
I'm afraid it's not that easy, but we will take a look into this.
HypePerformanceGroup
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: HypePerformanceGroup.com

Post by HypePerformanceGroup »

Hello, in the installer I am checking the box to remove static aircraft but I am still seeing a large number of GA aircraft and jets, and a couple Southwest airliners.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Will have a look, thank you.
glaurian
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Greg

Post by glaurian »

Well Done, Love it! KMDW is my home airport, live just a few miles away.

Anyway, I normally park my TBM at the south ramp spot #119 and I noticed I can no longer select any parking in rhe south ramp.

Any chance you can add south ramp parking so I can select from the flight planning page in the sim for cold starts?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your suggestion - it's noted and will be considered for the next update / version.
DMullert
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Dennis

Post by DMullert »

Hello Gang!

Fantastic airport addon. Two issues:

1. Buildings stand out from the snow/weather, looking unrealistic. ( I just noticed someone else reported it and Asobo is looking at the issue)
2. Any way to get rid of the AI parked at gates so that AI traffic from AIG and the sorts can use the space?
3. Under snowy conditions, there is one runway where only about a quarter of the runway has snow - looks kind of weird!!!

Many Thanks!
DMullert
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by DMullert »

Never mind item #2. I figured it out.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Regarding snow - can you post the screenshot please? Please bear in mind that developers have no influence on how snow is depicted on airport surfaces. Light surfaces are simply covered with snow and dark are not. Besides the snow effect is mainly controlled by the sim engine - we have limited control over how it displays on airports / in cities. But obviously we will take a look into it.
DMullert
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by DMullert »

Another suggestion......please make every gate available to be chosen as a start. That way we have more flexibility but also the AI system can use them to park those pesky SWA aircraft :-)

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I presume you may talk about the stands / gates, where in standard we have our static planes. In such the case they are not available and due to some limitations we are not able to make them available.