KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

king_rami777
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Rami

Re: KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by king_rami777 »

Sorry for my very late Response, thank you for helping me with Chicago Midway got all figure it out. I am hoping for KORD because I like your product more than FSdreamteam.
In FSdreamteam they haven't done a single update and FPS keeps dropping. When I went back FSX and P3D it seems like I found a winner drzewiecki-design is way better.
Can't wait for the coming future. Thanks again see you happy flying.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your kind words - unfortunately the time is not rubber, but we also want to release all our hitherto existing sceneries in MSFS.
Giraffeplays42
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mark

Post by Giraffeplays42 »

Hi,
Great Scenery BTW just bought. I have a pretty High end system Ryzen 7 5800x and RTX3070. And while taxing around airport I am receiving massive frame drops. I have tested with the same aircraft at other payware airports including your other airports and my fps seems to be fine. Any help would be appreciated.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid we have no enough info from you to provide any kind of support. Have you tried to reduce settings to see if there is any difference? Any other addons in this area? Have you maybe tried to reinstall the scenery and rebuild sceneryindexes and content.xml? So far we got many reviews informing about a very good performance and smoothness in the case of KMDW, so it's surprising.
Takadiurga
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Takadiurga

Post by Takadiurga »

As mentioned in the other forum I am the exact same, with stuttering + freezing at KMDW. It is significantly better with Chicago Landmarks by DD uninstalled, but even then still some.

RTX2080
Nvidia i9 9900K @4.2ghz
64GB DDR4 RAM
2.0 NVMe M.2 SSD

I think both Chicago Landmarks and KMDW could use with some performance fixes - especially for when you intend to have both installed at once, makes it quite hard to land / taxi about the airport
Giraffeplays42
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mark

Post by Giraffeplays42 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 13 May 2022, 21:11 I'm afraid we have no enough info from you to provide any kind of support. Have you tried to reduce settings to see if there is any difference? Any other addons in this area? Have you maybe tried to reinstall the scenery and rebuild sceneryindexes and content.xml? So far we got many reviews informing about a very good performance and smoothness in the case of KMDW, so it's surprising.
I have tried reducing settings but still no luck. Have no other addons for the area. tried reinstall as well.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your feedback. This isn't so obvious still, especially if the issue affects only part of users and we are not able to replicate it. At the moment I can only assure you that definitely we will provide such an update as soon as we find a space for the improvement.
lhblack

Post by lhblack »

Giraffeplays42 wrote: Saturday 14 May 2022, 06:49
Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 13 May 2022, 21:11 I'm afraid we have no enough info from you to provide any kind of support. Have you tried to reduce settings to see if there is any difference? Any other addons in this area? Have you maybe tried to reinstall the scenery and rebuild sceneryindexes and content.xml? So far we got many reviews informing about a very good performance and smoothness in the case of KMDW, so it's surprising.
I have tried reducing settings but still no luck. Have no other addons for the area. tried reinstall as well.
I, too, am having issues with the KMDW add-on. Crashed on first experience. Uninstalled and the default KMDW airport was fine. I also have the Chicago Landmarks loaded as well. There may be an opportunity for optimization.

Luke Black
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

lhblack wrote: Monday 16 May 2022, 13:41 am having issues with the KMDW add-on
But you mean that you have a problem with CTD or poor performance? PC or Xbox?
moxiejeff
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: moxiejeff

Post by moxiejeff »

I just registered to this site because there seem to be some issues with KMDW, especially after MSFS SU9 and WU9. For one, performance tanks for sure (i9-12900k, 32gb DDR5 RAM, 3080 Ti), but more concerning is in PMDG 737, there were several times my plane got "stuck" on taxi -- full throttle and it would barely move 1mph.

Please review/help!!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi. Welcome to the Drzewiecki Design world :wink: Let us check in our test environment, maybe something needs to be adapted after the sim updates.
jack233
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Jack

Post by jack233 »

I can confirm . On my Pc as soon as I enter the Chicago area , especially on the 737 pmdg , CTD immediately. Using Chicago Landmarks and Midway both seem to cause this issue . When I remover Midway or Chicago landmarks no CTDs .
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid this is a very demanding area and the combo of all addons might need very good PC specs. What are yours?

Have you tried to reduce the graphic settings in order to check if there is any difference?

We will take a look into this and will consider if there is any spaces for improvement, especially in the case of Chicago Landmarks.
airbadger
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Alex

Post by airbadger »

FYI satellite imagery is showing through in the SU10 beta. DX12 on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks - even if it is still beta, we will be monitoring this issue.