KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

Fungaming
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: FunGaming

Re: KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by Fungaming »

Lots of crashing on Xbox both on SU9 with WU10 and even worse on SU10 Beta. Just wanted to let you guys know. I had 26 crashes there in a row.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Can’t do anything about that really… As you know, all products are tested by MS prior to release.
Fungaming
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Fungaming »

Yeah I know, just wanted to inform you friend so you can tell Microsoft / Asobo about it crashing on Xbox so they can check it out
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please believe us - we are equally keen on reaching the moment where our sceneries work in Xbox as they should. We do as much as it's possible on our part.
Fungaming
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Fungaming »

I know you guys do your best, no worries friends. Nothing but love for you guys.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks very much for saying so.
Captain.K-Man
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Captain.K-Man

Post by Captain.K-Man »

Are you guys aware that you have trees growing up out of the concrete for those of us who do not like to fly with Photogrammetry On? There are at least 6 locations on the airport taxiways and ramp where a tree or two are sticking up. Can you send out a lumberjack and saw these down please? Otherwise, gorgeous scenery as always. This should be a quick fix. The guys who made KIND were able to fix the tree issues they had 3 days after I reported them and pushed a patch to SimMarket. Saw them suckers down! Turn them into firewood!

szln6z
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: James

Post by szln6z »

Hi,
I bought KMDW via the marketplace, so I don't have an installer. Is there anyway to remove the static aircraft? I tried to locate *_static.bgl but I can't find it.
Thank you
James
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Marketplace scenery files except for the the textures are put into a single encrypted file, so there's no way to modify them sadly, and on top of that it also takes Sim additional times to decrypt them :cry:
I suggest you to prioritize the other vendors and avoid MSFS Marketplace unless it's the only option.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

szln6z wrote: Sunday 17 Jul 2022, 15:57 anyway to remove the static aircraft?
Unfortunately, in the case of Marketplace version it's not possible.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Why would you want that anyway? :roll:
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Captain.K-Man wrote: Saturday 16 Jul 2022, 16:35 trees growing up
Our product uses default Bing data, so there is no such a problem with activated the option of Bing Data World Graphics.
Captain.K-Man
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Captain.K-Man

Post by Captain.K-Man »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 18 Jul 2022, 08:46
Captain.K-Man wrote: Saturday 16 Jul 2022, 16:35 trees growing up
Our product uses default Bing data, so there is no such a problem with activated the option of Bing Data World Graphics.
Yes sir, I am aware that it works fine with Bing Data turned on and it looks fine with Photogrammertry enabled. I however, like many others, prefer not to use Photogrammerty as the performance hit is significant and the Photogrammy looks like melted plastic garbage unless you set the terrain lod 200+ which is a FPS destroyer. The product should be made to work with or without Photogrammetry turned on. The fix is simple. Wrap the airport in a polygon with the Vegitation slider set to 0 in the SDK. Problem solved, all the trees and bushes go away. This is pretty standard development procedure that is clearly definied in Microsoft's SDK. I am not sure that tool was available when you first released this airport but it is now. This is how other developers have been removing trees from their products when it gets reported. SU9 didn't do a whole lot of favors to older airport products. Any chance you will look into this fix?

Polygon->Draw polygon->click vegetation->density slider to 0.
SIXONS
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: BROSIXONS

Post by SIXONS »

When the perspective is close to the terminal, the picture will become very catchy, but the picture in rjaa is very smooth
GPU:RTX3060TI CPU:R7 5800X RAM:32GB SSD:1TB PCIE 3.0
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

With photogrammetry off you are basically making a P3D out of it and you will definitely see more bugs with our products too (like color compatibility with surrounding terrain). We have no intention of making our products compatible with the sim with photoreal terrain / photogrammetry off but we will definitely look into the tree issue there.