KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

flyillini06
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Brad

Re: KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by flyillini06 »

I installed the MDW version 1.0 from the Simmarket store with option to remove the static aircraft. I am getting small patches of satellite photo textures on the tarmac at certain gates. Is this a known issue?

Here is a picture:
nmahink
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Nafsir

Post by nmahink »

Hello, I purchased KMDW from the marketplace, and GSX pro is not able to read the AFCAD due to marketplace encryption, is it possible to request an unencrypted AFCAD file that way GSX pro can read the AFCAD?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

flyillini06 wrote: Sunday 08 Jan 2023, 15:29 getting small patches of satellite photo textures
No, it's not known to us. Theoretically, it might be caused by two overlapping sceneries. Do you have any other addons in this area? From which store is your version?

It will also never hurt to rebuild the SceneryIndex and the Rolling cache.
nmahink wrote: Sunday 08 Jan 2023, 21:37 unencrypted AFCAD file
I'm afraid that in the case of GSX Pro we can only offer the following solution: viewtopic.php?t=534
flyillini06
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Brad

Post by flyillini06 »

It looks like it might be a known issue with DX12 after seeing reports on other forums. I also see it in some default sceneries, primarily in external view only.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks a lot for sharing this info.
Watcher737
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Watcher

Post by Watcher737 »

HI i noticed that INIbuilds has a tool to transfer purchases from other stores/marketplaces so that you can then use their airport setting menu to change things such as static aircraft etc.. Drzewiecki was not listed under the developers you could transfer. Is there any ability or plans to have your airports available for this? it would help solve a big problem for some as i myself have purchased through MSFS marketplace and cannot enjoy your great airports without static planes. It would be nice to not have to pay multiple times and instead use that money to purchase some of your other airports.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I have no knowledge about such plans, but to be honest I'm not sure if anything has to be planned. Firstly, please try to contact with iniBuilds about the specific product that you'd like to transfer and then they eventually will contact us. If Stanislaw gives his approval, theoretically such migration should be possible, but let's have in mind that there is much more to do between the stores, not with us.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I believe this works only for INIbuilds products.
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: MediumRareBaku

Post by MediumRareBaku »

Has an optional version been made for KMDW with all of the jetways working like was made for KEWR?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative, this was made for KEWR only.
Awemeter
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: Awemeter

Post by Awemeter »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 22 Feb 2022, 16:52 This has been reported to Asobo even during the development process. This is an old bug that hasn't been fixed yet.
Has Asobo provided any update on this issue?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The status is not known to us - I am afraid that this is not improved.
Actionjax
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Actionjax

Post by Actionjax »

Is there any work to get this airport working for Xbox? I have had this for over a year and it continues to crash the sim. Doesn’t matter if this is the origin airport or as I get close to the airport the sim will crash.

Again any info around this would be helpful.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

In March last year we did some changes to our KMDW Xbox product based on some hints received from Asobo. The improved version was released on Marketplace then. Are you sure you have the last version? Have you tried to remove your version, clean the cache, download and install it once again? Do you use it together with Chicago Landmarks? Which Xbox is in use in your case?

It was announced by Microsoft that Marketplace Partners will be finally able to do their own testing and sign off on the functionality of all content they submit for release. It might be a significant improvement allowing us to take ownership of our content’s functional testing.
Actionjax
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Actionjax

Post by Actionjax »

Did a complete removal and install. I do have Chicago Landmarks but also was not installed as it also had issues. It’s the Xbox series X and to be honest this airport was only installed recently again as it has never worked properly for me.

I had hoped that some of the latest Microsoft updates might have helped as it has with other airports that were giving issues.

But alas still the same issues.