Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

falcon55 wrote: Friday 28 Jan 2022, 06:24 why you would want static aircraft
Because we simply think that our static planes are way better 8) You can always remove our statics via our installer.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

falcon55 wrote: Friday 28 Jan 2022, 06:24 That means it does not make sense to wait and I can buy KMDW right away.
Correct 8)
falcon55 wrote: Friday 28 Jan 2022, 06:24 Can you please make the default without static aircraft and locked parking positions?
Negative - but you can remove static aircraft during the install (except for the Marketplace version).
We simply like them. I like them. :P
AndyM01 wrote: Friday 28 Jan 2022, 11:16 I'm also hoping developers will do a version of their scenery without static aircraft.
Such a version is available from the very beginning of the product's existence. But again - not in the Marketplace version since there are no config options possible.
falcon55
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: falcon55

Post by falcon55 »

I understand your motivation. I did however make the mistake before and bought a marketplace version of your scenery. May I make the suggestion to offer a separate exclusion file and afcad with all stands open, that PC users could download from your website and place into their community folder?
Pretty much like this community fix for another third party developer:
https://flightsim.to/file/23926/ekch-co ... unofficial
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 28 Jan 2022, 20:35
Because we simply think that our static planes are way better 8) You can always remove our statics via our installer.
I haven't purchased it yet, and was contemplating getting it, but I can not see any mention of the option to install with, or without static aircraft on the ORBX Central app or their website.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There is such an option at ORBX (for all our products).
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Saturday 29 Jan 2022, 10:51 There is such an option at ORBX (for all our products).
Didn't know that, may be worth advertising that fact in the description, just purchased. :wink:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This is a secret. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
topcat_1952
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Denny

Post by topcat_1952 »

Greetings
Just purchased this airport two days ago through ORBX. Looks good overall but I have one issue: While I like nice shiny floors in the hangars and terminals, the floors are reflecting the sky conditions including the clouds. I would not expect to see that image inside a building. I assume you are aware of this so I am wondering if a fix might be coming or, perhaps, I need to check my graphics settings?

Thanks

Denny Knepper
Newville, PA USA
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid it might be a bug of MSFS, which we were not able to "work around". As far as I know, some new feature have been improved for developers, so it's noted and will be solved as soon as the new updated version is ready.
topcat_1952
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Denny

Post by topcat_1952 »

OK. Thanks for the quick response. I'll wait until a fix comes out sometime. :)
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: tailspin88

Post by Tailspin488 »

This scenery looks awesome. One bug I noticed is when landing on 22L and then taxiing off of runway 22L onto taxiway V then crossing 22R to join W on the west side of the airport my plane hit a huge invisible bump on the taxiway that flipped my plane over. It appeared to be on the 4L threshold where V / W taxiways cross the runway.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

To be absolutely sure, which location we are talking about, can you post the screenshot of this place?
Kostas23
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Kostas23

Post by Kostas23 »

Dear friends,

I have purchased the KMDW Chicago Midway airport on XBOX through Marketplace, but it doesn't work. To be more specific, it crashes to the desktop during the Loading of the airport. I am playing the game on Xbox Series X!
Does anyone else, has a similar issue? I tried to uninstall/install the airport through the Content Manager, but the problem persists.

I would apreciate your help.

Thanks

Kostas
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Kostas.
The issue was reported yesterday to the Marketplace team. According to them:
"Looking at the test results - it shows all tests passed on our tracking. I will ask our team to look again, but if you have any more information you can share, please send it over."

Please let us know at what % of loading the sim crashes and if only at that particular location or in any location after installing KMDW.
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: tailspin88

Post by Tailspin488 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 22 Feb 2022, 06:33 To be absolutely sure, which location we are talking about, can you post the screenshot of this place?
Here are 2 screen shots. The one with the blue box shows where the invisible bump on the runway is, and the other shows the terminal building and hangars protruding through the IMC weather / fog, while buildings close in the foreground (Atlantic aviation building to the south) are correctly shrouded in fog. The terminal and hangars look like their floating and are unobscured by the weather.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.