Latest version: v1.1 (2022)

cosycol
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: cosy

Re: KRNT Renton MSFS

Post by cosycol »

Hello,
Im having a issue landing and taking off from runway.
There seems to be a glitch in the runway texture or rather a step across the width of the runway. When I go over it the aircraft does a somersault and crashes. Sometimes I can take off ok.
Its as if a part of the runway fails to load. Do you have any suggestions how I can solve this issue.
Thanks
Colin
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, such an issue shouldn't take place. Please provide us with a little bit more details:

Are we talking about PC or Xbox version?
Can you attach a screenshot showing this place?
Does our scenery have a higher priority than your other addons?
Do you have World Update packages? All 3rd party sceneries should be placed above World Update packages. To arrange the order it's necessary to open:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml

And change this order manually - the lower on the list, the higher the priority is.
cosycol
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: cosy

Post by cosycol »

Hi, Thanks for reply, Have attached photos of issue. This issue is on my PC. I have 16gb memory, GTX1080 and running latest MSFS update with world scenerys.
After running more tests it seems like the runway is taking like a minute to fully load. It appears while loading it creates a step in the runway. This disappears eventually. This scenery is hard on my system. I have UUEE and it loads and runs pretty smooth but Renton is troublesome. I hope to upgrade in next few months which hopefully will cure this issue. If you have any other suggestions i can try it would be great.
I have made the airport a priority in the content file but this hasnt helped.
Thanks Colin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. With GTX 1080 it is natural that it takes a while to load. You may try going down with settings to make it load faster.
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Terry

Post by atrdriver »

Hi,

I am new to the forum but a long time user of DD products. My latest purchase is KRNT. It worked flawlessly until I was recently forced to relocate my Community folder due to a Long Path error with another product. I reinstalled everything to the new Community folder location and everything works with only one issue: my KRNT has no static DD aircraft. I have tried everything mentioned in this thread including deleting the KRNT folder and reinstalling, running the installer again and making sure there REMOVE STATIC AIRCRAFT box is unchecked, running the installer again and ticking the REMOVE STATIC AIRCRAFT box then rerunning and unticking it, but nothing. None of those beautiful DD static 737s. I always click YES too rebuilding the content.Xml file. Funny thing is I can see workers around where the jets should be, even in midair. Nothing I have done places these jets back into the scenery. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Terry
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It sounds weird indeed, especially as you mentioned that everything was ok previously.From which store do you have your version and is it v1.1?
Please also try to check inside scenery files and search for a file named "(...)_static. Do you have such a file?
Maybe you can also tell us how have you relocated your Community folder - maybe the solution is somewhere there.
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

I purchased v1.1 from SimMarket. I relocated the Community folder to D:\MSFS2020\Packages\Community. My Official folder is also located there. I will check for the *_static file you mentioned when I get home.

Thanks
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

There IS a file entitled KRNT_Static.BGL. It's in Community\drzwieckidesign-krnt\scenery
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

If there is that file then it should work.
Are you sure that your MSFS does take the data from the new directory indeed? It seems like the old scenery location is still used.
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

Yes. Every add-on, including KRNT sans the static airfield jets, uses the new location. Everything at KRNT EXCEPT the static airfield jets works. Even the animated assembly line works. Could it be the latest update? A general static or AI plane setting? I have experimented with those settings varying between 0 and 100 and they have no effect. I'm stumped.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative. It is better to set AI static planes to 0 actually.
Please let me know the size of the KRNT_Static.BGL file.
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

The file size is 28,732 KB. I'm setting static planes back to zero again and testing.
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

I turned off everything related to static and AI aircraft. Still, no static DD 737s🤔😞
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

Incidentally, I also own DD Seattle Landmarks and checked the W55 and S60 seaplane bases. All Kenmore Air static aircraft are visible.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The file's size suggests that all statics should be visible. Are you absolutely sure that something old didn't remain? To be very honest I have no idea what is causing your issue - we only know that it happened after your change of directory, so it has to be something related.