KRNT Renton MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2022)

atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Terry

Re: KRNT Renton MSFS

Post by atrdriver »

When I moved the Community Folder, everything was a fresh install. I did a search on all three of my drives this afternoon to check for exactly what you're talking about. DD files only exist in the new location. I also tried moving the file in question out of the folder to my desktop, running the sim without it then shutting down the sim and putting the file back to see if it might be recognized. No luck. It's very odd!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Very odd indeed. Where is our scenery placed in the content.xml? Can you attach it here, please? (as a zip file)
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

File Attached. Thanks for taking a look at it!

Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks - if you put our entry at the very bottom (so it will have the highest priority), is there any difference? Probably you have rebuilt sceneryindexes too, right?
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

I'll fire up and give that a try. I'm on call at work (737 pilot) and will have to abandon if I get called.
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

I moved all DD sceneries to the bottom of the Content.xml file. No change. I'm a little unclear on how to rebuild the scenery indexes in MSFS and have googled it but not finding anything. Any guidance on that would be greatly appreciated.
atrdriver
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by atrdriver »

***RESOLVED!!!***

I figured out how to rebuild the scenery indexes and that solved the problem. Everything is visible now. Turns out I was also missing some support equipment around the airfield jets! Now if we could get an American Airlines livery or two on the airfield!😉

Thanks so much for your help! As always, love your products!!!

Terry
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I am very happy to hear that - happy flying!
controll21
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Rick

Post by controll21 »

Hey Guys,

I have loved the KRNT scenery, however, I have noticed that during MSFS2020 scenario start up (select the world map and then select an airport and click FLY)
that the program takes much longer to load than normal....If I start at KRNT with your scenery installed then the program is about 5-6 minutes longer on loading than when I start at a default airport like KTIW. Is there a way to solve the longer startup time?

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid we don't know about any kind of workaround - this is something, which relies on sim engine :roll:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Honestly, we haven't seen that during development. Is there a chance you have other sceneries installed in the Seattle area?
hb42
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: hb

Post by hb42 »

Hi,

I realized the PAPI lights are missing from both runways at RNT. Can this be fixed?

Also, there have been some real world changes at RNT which would probably easy to replicate in the scenery since they involve taking things away as opposed to adding new things (e.g. the containers that used to line either side of the Rainier Flight Service ramp are no longer present). I fly out of RNT regularly so can get photos if that would be helpful.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, thanks for the tip - there should be 2-light PAPI on left indeed. Let us take a look.

Each info or photo of such changes is appreciated - you can send them to us via Email.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you download the attached file, unzip and copy to your folder (replace the old one)? Then you should see the PAPI lights :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hb42
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: hb

Post by hb42 »

The fix for the PAPI lights works great. What e-mail address can I send the photos to?