Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

Mikawings
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Michael

Re: KEWR Newark MSFS

Post by Mikawings »

Hello,

I just bought KEWR for MSFS (PC-VESION) and the buildings are not there. I excluded KEWR jetways on my GSX installer...

Is there a solution for me please ?

Thank you very much !

Michael
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, what does it mean that "the buildings are not there"? Can you share some screenshots showing the current status?

Please also confirm that you've tried to do some standard steps solving some MSFS issues:
  • remove "rolling cache"
  • remove and rebuild SceneryIndexes
  • make sure that our scenery has a higher priority using the Package Reorder Tool
Mikawings
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Michael

Post by Mikawings »

Hi,
Thank you for your help ! IT WORKS :-)

What I mean with "the buildings are not there" is this :
1.jpg
- I do not use "rolling cache" option enebled but I deleted it anyway.
- I deleted all DAT files into the SceneryIndexes folder.
- I set the scenery in the highest possibility I could. For people who have the same problem : GENERAL OPTIONS - EXPERIMENTAL - PACKAGE REORDER TOOL : ON

And the issue is solved !

King regards,

Michael.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm glad to hear this - happy flying time!
mika4305
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mikayel

Post by mika4305 »

Hi i have a similar issue, i did all of the following steps and removed the jetways from GSX but i still have this issue:

For me only some of the buildings are unavailable, and there seem to be misaligned lights, also the popper gates don't show up on the map i have attachments showing all of this.

Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you elaborate, please? What does it mean that some of the buildings are unavailable?

Have you tried to do some standard steps mentioned in the previous posts?
mika4305
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mika4305 »

Hi, yes i have tried to do the steps,

As shown in the attachments Terminal A seems to be missing and in its place there are random lights right on the taxiway, is this a bug? if Terminal A isn't simulated is there a way to remove the lights since they obstruct taxiways?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Obviously, your installation is corrupt. From the picture you have provided, I am not sure there is anything related to our product visible.
mika4305
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mika4305 »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, i tried to reinstall the scenery it is still the same, I installed using the ORBX installer is there a possibility that is causing the corrupt installation?
Is there any way i can send some log file? Or other diagnostic file?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's strange - normally deleting rolling cache and rebuilding sceneryindexes helps. Have you really tried to position our scenery on a higher layer using the package reorder tool in MSFS?

I'm afraid this is the ORBX installer. We have no control over their installation process - we only provide them with our files.

In the Orbx central it's shown as installed?
Do you have the scenery folder in the Community? If yes, please maybe uninstall it, then make sure that all files have been removed from the respective folder and try to install the scenery again.
Maybe you can also try to use the option "verify files" in the Orbx control panel.
John Burgess
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by John Burgess »

I just checked the install via ORBX Central and it seems to be working fine.
I did a fresh install into a library.
The installation has 3156 files in 349 folders taking up 6.38GB of disk space.
The control panel works as intended (as always it's best to load the scenery once before changing any options).

One thought, however. The control panel switches between two versions of the KEWR_PLC.bgl file in the scenery folder.
I'd check to make sure you do have a file with that exact name.
There should be a second file named either KEWR_PLC.bgl.drzweicki or KEWR_PLC.bgl.cartayna depending on which option you have chosen.
They should not both be present at the same time. If they are do a re-install as outlined below.

Trying a full uninstall\re-install (rather just a verify files) is worth doing.
Make sure to remove any backed up install files for KEWR first (in OC check under the downloader section in settings to see where they might be).
I don't use the backup function but if I did they would be in
C:\Users\JohnB\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\Backup

Then delete the scenery index file before loading.

For me the scenery looks fine in the simulator.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

John
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks a lot for sharing, John!
NJFlyer606

Post by NJFlyer606 »

I'm having two minor issues with Terminal C for awhile now, and just getting around to posting about it here. I've reinstalled several times and messed with priority in the Package Reorder Tool in case there was a conflict with other add-ons nearby, but still the issues are there.

1. I noticed missing textures on parts of Terminal C when at a distance, but still within airport boundaries. Parts of the ground control tower and roadway are completely white without texture, but textures appear when you move a bit closer. The rest of the terminal seems fine though. Screenshots below:
FlightSimulator 2024-01-02 20-15-39.jpg
FlightSimulator 2024-01-02 20-15-56.jpg

2. I also notice a weird lighting issue with Terminal C. Terminal lighting will turn on even when no other airport lights are on, but they will turn off again when moving closer. This is happening outside of the sim's normal night cycle. It only seems to be happening a certain distances, withing a few hundred feet or so of the building. Screenshots below:
FlightSimulator 2024-01-02 20-20-41.jpg
FlightSimulator 2024-01-02 20-20-46.jpg
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Let us take a look into this in our testing environment.
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: MediumRareBaku

Post by MediumRareBaku »

Are there any plans to further optimize EWR? Even with all the interior, etc. options turned off and JFK/LGA/TEB disabled it is easily one of the worst performing sceneries I have. An option to remove all the GSE? An option to remove all interiors with opaque windows?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64 GB RAM, AMD 6900xt GPU.