KEWR Newark MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: KEWR Newark MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There is a similar issue with EETN on Series S.
This has been reported to Asobo as we have no idea what might be causing the bug. Other devs reported similar issues with the Series S.

In the meantime, please test it with a default airplane such as C152, and without any traffic (AI/Multiplayer). The idea is to go down with the details to see if the bug is caused by performance limitations of the console or something else...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok. Please provide us with a list of packages that you have currently installed.
fasttimesvero

Post by fasttimesvero »

Very upset with these problems. Chicago is destroyed and Newark is absolutely unusable. Extremely mad now! Something absolutely needs to be done I am making a video on my channel I just spent money on Newark and it’s frozen and nothing is rendered. We are spending money now and Chicago is also unusable as all of the buildings are grey from a block away. This Is real money we are spending and it’s absolutely not acceptable
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This does not help though at all, as you haven't shared the list of installed packages, for which I asked above.
In fact, you haven't shared any information, even which platform you use. I am not sure what the intention of your post was.
fasttimesvero

Post by fasttimesvero »

Like I Said. My channel is FastTimesVero on YT. Myself, along with many of my followers are very upset with your products on Xbox MSFS2020. I’m a veteran of the USAF and love aviation. I have 11 thousand subscribers. Chicago is now showing up as white block buildings for everyone. I just bought Newark today and it’s one of the worst performing airports in the game so far for myself and others. Let me get to the point here. I want my money back at this point I’m extremely upset and not the kind of guy that lets this stuff go. My comments from my followers on my video I made today suggest you are unwilling to fix these issues. I would simply like my money back for Newark as I cannot even use it I have to delete it. Please respond on how we can achieve this. I will look for your response. Upon settlement we will part ways.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Your standpoint is very unfair - how can we support you if you don't provide any details? Have you ever tried to provide any kind of support to anyone without having any details?
Secondly, there is still another party in the whole chain - we need to understand why Series S is treating our sceneries differently - that's why we decided to involve Asobo and asked our users for the list of installed packages, which might be a hint. I can understand some kind of frustration, but I have a feeling that you are kind of overreacting, and looking at your behavior I have an irresistible impression, which seems to be close to certainty, that you have some special motivation.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

fasttimesvero wrote: Wednesday 28 Jun 2023, 07:44 I’m a veteran of the USAF and love aviation. I have 11 thousand subscribers.
With all due respect, we neither care nor verify who you are - an 8yo boy or a President. We treat all our customers with respect, no matter what they do in life.
fasttimesvero wrote: Wednesday 28 Jun 2023, 07:44Chicago is now showing up as white block buildings for everyone.
I assure you this is not the case. You can even check dozens of YouTube videos where customers are having no issues flying around Chicago.
fasttimesvero wrote: Wednesday 28 Jun 2023, 07:44I just bought Newark today and it’s one of the worst performing airports in the game
Well, it depends on what other airports you have installed. There are some light small airports available - of course KEWR would perform worse as the airport is huge and extremely complex. Also, you haven't provided any proof, like a screenshot with FPS visible or visual glitches.
fasttimesvero wrote: Wednesday 28 Jun 2023, 07:44I want my money back
So you don't need customer support. As per our guidelines, please contact the company which sold you the product in order to establish the terms of the refund. viewtopic.php?t=422
fasttimesvero wrote: Wednesday 28 Jun 2023, 07:44My comments from my followers on my video I made today suggest you are unwilling to fix these issues. I would simply like my money back
This sounds like you are trying to extort money, threatening of making some YouTube videos with false information if we don't pay you, although we did not sell you anything? Frankly, this sounds like a criminal activity to me, although I hope this is just your total misunderstanding of how the refund system works.
Reysalas1995
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Arturo

Post by Reysalas1995 »

desouza7

Hi there desouza7. I used a normal plane. A cessna. The terminal on the pictures i posted still doesnt show up.. The new terminal A on KEWR loaded up alittle bit of it. Also, what is the WASM add on? I dont know what that is.. is it on the msfs marketplace store to buy it or something?

I uninstalled almost everything.. I just re installed everything. And the KEWR is the only add on I purchsed for the NYC area. I still dont see 3D people.. I only see some stores at terminal C, the other terminals.. nothing so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you.
This correlates with the reports from other companies too. Asobo is investigation the issue.
desouza7
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: JD

Post by desouza7 »

Reysalas1995 wrote: Saturday 01 Jul 2023, 03:36 desouza7

Hi there desouza7. I used a normal plane. A cessna. The terminal on the pictures i posted still doesnt show up.. The new terminal A on KEWR loaded up alittle bit of it. Also, what is the WASM add on? I dont know what that is.. is it on the msfs marketplace store to buy it or something?

I uninstalled almost everything.. I just re installed everything. And the KEWR is the only add on I purchsed for the NYC area. I still dont see 3D people.. I only see some stores at terminal C, the other terminals.. nothing so far.
Hi - the WASM update is simply a free add-on that Microsoft/Asobo came out with to allow for support of WASM programmed add-ons (mostly airplanes). I noticed that it did impact a few airports, KEWR being one of them. I seemed to be missing much of Terminal A when it was installed but before it was actually supported. Now it’s supported so I haven’t had the issue.

To download it, you can check under “Manage Game” and see what is available on add-ons. I believe it says something like “Microsoft Add-on Support” and it’s a free download.

Also for XBox, there is no 3D people, only the terminals. I won’t speak for the creators here but I believe they removed them to help with compatibility on the XBox for the time being until the XBox version is more stable and can consistently handle those additional details.

Hope that helps!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Asobo's reply regarding Series S issues:

hotbev145
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Gabe

Post by hotbev145 »

Hello.

I was wondering if the gates had the proper airline assignments as I am using FSLTL and the ai planes seem to park haphazardly. I know this is a small thing but as a person who knows Newark it bugs me to see United planes at the non-united terminal and non-united planes in the United terminal. If they don't and this is not something you plan on changing would it be possible to edit this on my end?

Thanks
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

I'm having an odd issue this morning. I've tried four times to begin a flight from KEWR at C96 and the second I try to load my flight plan on the PMDG the simulator locks up. I know this seems like it's not an airport issue, but I flew several flights yesterday with no issues at any airports (same aircraft). I've tried using KEWR-KORD (failed) and then KEWR-KIAH (also failed). Has anyone reported similar bugs? Again, I know this sounds crazy - I doubt it's KEWR but it's only happening with a KEWR flight start so not sure (all other conditions same)... I'm searching other sources also (including MSFS and PMDG forums). Thanks if you have any ideas at all.
DFWSupertrooper
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

DFWSupertrooper wrote: Monday 24 Jul 2023, 15:22 I'm having an odd issue this morning. I've tried four times to begin a flight from KEWR at C96 and the second I try to load my flight plan on the PMDG the simulator locks up. I know this seems like it's not an airport issue, but I flew several flights yesterday with no issues at any airports (same aircraft). I've tried using KEWR-KORD (failed) and then KEWR-KIAH (also failed). Has anyone reported similar bugs? Again, I know this sounds crazy - I doubt it's KEWR but it's only happening with a KEWR flight start so not sure (all other conditions same)... I'm searching other sources also (including MSFS and PMDG forums). Thanks if you have any ideas at all.
Forget this...it's not the airport. Now it's happening at multiple airports. I dunno what changed since yesterday. Every single time I try to select the flight plan to add in the MCDU, lockup. Must be a PMDG thing.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

hotbev145 wrote: Monday 24 Jul 2023, 03:34 if the gates had the proper airline assignments
According to my knowledge, they should have the respective assignment, but let me note this and when we work on the update we will look at it.
DFWSupertrooper wrote: Monday 24 Jul 2023, 16:19 Now it's happening at multiple airports. I dunno what changed since yesterday.
I'm afraid It's a story as old as the time of flight simulators 8)