KEWR Newark MSFS

Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: KEWR Newark MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

jsemmel wrote: Wednesday 21 Dec 2022, 18:30 My FPS drop at the gates and taxiways averages 20fps and frequently goes down to 10-15fps. It makes using the scenery unusable for the most part. Is my hardware below a minimum requirement?
It would be easier to diagnose if you could compare the FPS drop to the default scenery (I mean without our product). The expected drop is about 10% on the runways, 20-25% on aprons, and up to 35% at gates. As per your setup, it is definitely not below minimum requirements as some customers fly on GTX 1080s.
JEP795 wrote: Wednesday 21 Dec 2022, 18:39 I also have the jetway not operating problem. PMDG 737-800 gate C107. Using GSX, but I have the Jetway Pro disabled for KEWR.
If that jetway was earlier occupied by a static aircraft then it will not be operational.
JEP795 wrote: Wednesday 21 Dec 2022, 19:21 Scratch that, the FSDT Installer hadn't properly removed the gates. Now it works.
Scratched :)
mridout
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Matt

Post by mridout »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 22 Dec 2022, 04:00 If that jetway was earlier occupied by a static aircraft then it will not be operational.
It still strikes me as odd that you guys still do this with your scenery, apart from the fact I guess it cuts down on the amount of operational jetways you need to build into it? Makes it a bit frustrating trying to remember what gates are usable and aren't and limits options when flying in/out on Vatsim.

Can echo what some others here are experiencing with performance getting hammered. Fresh installed the scenery but no difference. RTX3080 i9-10850k. No issues with any other high-impact scenery (ini KLAX etc). Disabled the PAX bgl and saw a slight uptick of a few fps but seems like there must be some optimisation that could help via update?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There may be.
And frankly, we also found a way to do custom lights, so this will be fixed in the next update.
jsemmel
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Joel

Post by jsemmel »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 22 Dec 2022, 04:00
jsemmel wrote: Wednesday 21 Dec 2022, 18:30 My FPS drop at the gates and taxiways averages 20fps and frequently goes down to 10-15fps. It makes using the scenery unusable for the most part. Is my hardware below a minimum requirement?
It would be easier to diagnose if you could compare the FPS drop to the default scenery (I mean without our product). The expected drop is about 10% on the runways, 20-25% on aprons, and up to 35% at gates. As per your setup, it is definitely not below minimum requirements as some customers fly on GTX 1080s.
Oh thanks for those expected drop %'s. KEWR is one of the busiest airports in the Sim so FPS is on the low range compared to smaller airports. Using these expected drops, if spawning at a gate averages 30fps with default, then I can expect an average fps drop down to as low as 19.5fps using your scenery.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, that is correct. At the gates, you would have around 20 fps if by default you have 30 there. But getting further away will increase the performance significantly.
Bigt
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Bigt

Post by Bigt »

I have to echo what others have said in here in regards to performance. This is definitely my worst airport performance wise. However, I'm glad you guys finally found a way to do custom lights and I look forward to that.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Indeed, we are glad about that too. We also plan to spend some extra time further optimizing the areas closer to terminals.
Bigt
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Bigt

Post by Bigt »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 27 Dec 2022, 06:19 Indeed, we are glad about that too. We also plan to spend some extra time further optimizing the areas closer to terminals.
That is great to hear because it really is a fantastic airport you've created!
jsemmel
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jsemmel »

Is there a way Drzewiecki can provide a visual map of the scenery that's included OUTSIDE the confines of the airport?
truthknown
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by truthknown »

mridout wrote: Thursday 22 Dec 2022, 12:17
DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 22 Dec 2022, 04:00 If that jetway was earlier occupied by a static aircraft then it will not be operational.
It still strikes me as odd that you guys still do this with your scenery, apart from the fact I guess it cuts down on the amount of operational jetways you need to build into it? Makes it a bit frustrating trying to remember what gates are usable and aren't and limits options when flying in/out on Vatsim.

Can echo what some others here are experiencing with performance getting hammered. Fresh installed the scenery but no difference. RTX3080 i9-10850k. No issues with any other high-impact scenery (ini KLAX etc). Disabled the PAX bgl and saw a slight uptick of a few fps but seems like there must be some optimisation that could help via update?
Agreed. It is indeed quite frustrating. Just landed and went to gate C71 following a real flight and find the jetway not operational. I do not use statics as I use live traffic but I would expect each and every jetway to work. Why is this not possible? Also, the cartayna files GSX profile has so many gates that dont exist and quite a few missing that do exist...

Chris
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

jsemmel wrote: Wednesday 28 Dec 2022, 18:47 Is there a way Drzewiecki can provide a visual map of the scenery that's included OUTSIDE the confines of the airport?
Can you elaborate, please?
truthknown wrote: Thursday 29 Dec 2022, 01:01 Why is this not possible?
Currently, we have one file responsible for all gates/stands in the particular airport. Each new or alternative file means more updates, tests, possible issues, etc. That's why in some sense we are looking into so-called simplicity and universality.

Please bear in mind that each modification or separate feature has a direct impact on the functionality of the scenery, the number of future updates, development, testing, support, possible issues, etc. That's why we have a broader perspective considering the effective management of processes, resources and costs.
jsemmel
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jsemmel »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 29 Dec 2022, 15:17
jsemmel wrote: Wednesday 28 Dec 2022, 18:47 Is there a way Drzewiecki can provide a visual map of the scenery that's included OUTSIDE the confines of the airport?
Can you elaborate, please?
A visual map (similar to VFR, or IFR, or even Google street map) with pointers to objects or areas that were custom developed and included in the airport (yet are outside the bounds of the airport such as bridges, cranes, buildings, stadiums, and similar structures).

If a visual map isn't possible, then a detailed list of all the objects would still be helpful.

The reason for my ask is because I have numerous freeware/payware sceneries and it's possible that some may overlap the airport files. I have what I would consider mid-level hardware i5 and RTX 3060. The more custom scenery, the more taxing it is on the CPU. If I know that some of my custom scenery overlaps the airport files, then I can choose to not load that scenery and prevent a further FPS drop.

Thanks!
truthknown
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by truthknown »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 29 Dec 2022, 15:17
truthknown wrote: Thursday 29 Dec 2022, 01:01 Why is this not possible?
Currently, we have one file responsible for all gates/stands in the particular airport. Each new or alternative file means more updates, tests, possible issues, etc. That's why in some sense we are looking into so-called simplicity and universality.

Please bear in mind that each modification or separate feature has a direct impact on the functionality of the scenery, the number of future updates, development, testing, support, possible issues, etc. That's why we have a broader perspective considering the effective management of processes, resources and costs.
Then to me, the most cost efficient route would be to make all the jetways work, and not include static aircraft at all (at least at the terminals). There are plenty of other means to get aircraft into the sim. I for one find this extremely frustrating when I fly into an airport and find the gate I planned to use is not functional... It has happened to me at KEWR as well as KMDW.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

jsemmel wrote: Thursday 29 Dec 2022, 16:52 If a visual map isn't possible, then a detailed list of all the objects would still be helpful.
Let me ask my colleagues if we are able to provide something like this.
truthknown wrote: Friday 30 Dec 2022, 02:08 the most cost efficient route would be to make all the jetways work, and not include static aircraft at all
This is your opinion and of course we respect it. However, it is not common and we know that many users do not share your opinion. We will discuss internally within the team whether there is any possibility (even partially) to meet the expectations of users like you. But it certainly won't happen in the short term.
timster73
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Timothy

Post by timster73 »

How do you get FPS to increase as the framerates are terrible and not flyable? I have 64gb ram and Nvidia 3080. Will it be fixed by an update? Possibly it's the detail of the inside of the terminal.