Latest version: v1.1 (2023)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: KEWR Newark MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
We haven't received reports about this issue ever before.
I see no way how our product could influence default MSFS sounds, but if this is true, I do not think this is documented anywhere so it is currently unfixable.

As far as I understand, if you remove KEWR from the Community folder, then default sounds appear back?
Lipschitz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Lipschitz

Post by Lipschitz »

Thats correct sir. Now I have fixed it by going into the scenery folder, going to simobjects/landmarks and deleting all the custom sound folders. I am adding 1 by 1 to narrow it down to the specific file that is causing the issue and will inform you when I find out.
Lipschitz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Lipschitz »

I think I have found that it is the (MN_sound_escalator_01) file that seems to be messing stuff up. Will come back to you to just confirm that
Lipschitz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Lipschitz »

I have a question, do I need these sound files in simobjects/landmarks?
It seems that when I take them all away, it solves my issues
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

No one has reported a similar problem to us so far, so we are not able to say that it's a general issue with our scenery. We will be monitoring this issue and adapt if necessary.
MN_sound_escalator_01 is the sound of the escalators in the airport terminal. You can disable our sound files and it shouldn't affect the functionality of the scenery.
piedmonitor
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: piedmonitor

Post by piedmonitor »

Hello. Please make the jetways at empty gates when not using statics be functional. This is imposing an unnecessary external limitation on using both GSX at any gate as well as the default MSFS jetway connection functionality, and users should be able to use any gate at the airport with the full range of the simulator's functionality, as well as widespread an application at GSX. Other developers are able to have static and no static versions where the jetways work, I don't understand why you folks at Drzewiecki appear unwilling to do the same.

Consider the use case of VATSIM -- I arrive at or depart from your airport, perhaps it's busy that night. My gate is occupied. Perhaps the only available parking option that fits my airline is one of these gates with static jetways. I am now blocked from using functionality that I paid for in the simulator and in GSX by your scenery.

Consider the use case of the new FS Traffic application from JustFlight. It provides a specific functionality that I have dreamed of for years -- AI traffic that interact with jetways via GSX. I'd sure love to see that at every gate at EWR.
Drumcode
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jacek

Post by Drumcode »

Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 24 Jan 2023, 09:43 No one has reported a similar problem to us so far
I also have this issue. I'm usually affected on the outbound flights and is 100% isolated to Newark. I can sit in the cockpit prepping 738 for the flight for even 5 mins or less and the following are happening in sequence:

1. I lose the panel click sounds, the engine sound remains.
2. I lose the pilot voice when requesting taxi clearance, can only see the text.
3. I lose the ATC controller voice and everything goes mute.
4. When I leave the vicinity of KEWR I slowly start getting the sound back. Usually it's only ATC controller only. The pilot and 738's panel clicks are still affected all the way to the next destination.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

piedmonitor wrote: Thursday 02 Feb 2023, 03:53 Please make the jetways at empty gates when not using statics be functional
Have you already tried this?
DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 18 Jan 2023, 11:00 This file activated all stands and jetways at the airport (for use with static aircraft disabled) except for C88.

KEWR MSFS - All Stands Active - DOWNLOAD

The file goes to Community\drzewieckidesign-kewr\scenery .
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Drumcode wrote: Thursday 02 Feb 2023, 16:22
Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 24 Jan 2023, 09:43 No one has reported a similar problem to us so far
I also have this issue.
If you disable our sounds, all other sounds are working properly?
Drumcode
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Drumcode »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 02 Feb 2023, 20:36 If you disable our sounds, all other sounds are working properly?
I'll try and report back.
piedmonitor
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: piedmonitor

Post by piedmonitor »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 02 Feb 2023, 20:33
piedmonitor wrote: Thursday 02 Feb 2023, 03:53 Please make the jetways at empty gates when not using statics be functional
Have you already tried this?
DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 18 Jan 2023, 11:00 This file activated all stands and jetways at the airport (for use with static aircraft disabled) except for C88.

KEWR MSFS - All Stands Active - DOWNLOAD

The file goes to Community\drzewieckidesign-kewr\scenery .
This appears to work, thank you for making it. Does a version of this exist for KDCA?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

So far, it does not exist - if it works for KEWR to all users without any issues, probably we would try to provide it for some other sceneries when the new updates come.
Drumcode
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Drumcode »

Removing the escalator folder seems to fix the issue for me. I'd like to test more, I only really tested to a usual failure point so by sitting at the gate and taxi out. Will need more outbound flights from EWR to be sure, but I think you guys should be looking into this already.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, thanks for your report and tests. I will add it to the to-do list to carry out an in-depth analysis of this sound issue.
Heading6
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Stan

Post by Heading6 »

The v1.1 update loaded fine. Do I have to uninstall KEWR before I download stands and jetway update?