http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodCHIcity_X.htm

ImageImageImage
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago City X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Note - the DEMO link is correct however there is no DEMO available yet. It will be published later.
Daedalus
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Ifikratis

Post by Daedalus »

Hello,

Congratulations for the new release!

I just bought the product in P3D v4, I also have PILOT's FS Mesh and ORBX Meigs Field. I selected the ORBX compatibility checkbox during installation.

Having 1m mesh resolution results in mesh problems:

If I put set mesh resolution to 10m, it gets much better but there are still elevation mesh problems:

Any idea how this can be resolved?
Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Wise87 »

Here we go again with Elevation issues. I went through hell getting Seattle Airports X and City to play nice with PILOT's FS Mesh-NG and ORBX LC. Think I'm going to wait to see what others have to report before I purchase and product that I'm fighting the elevation. City does look good in the sample photos.
Daedalus
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Daedalus »

ORBX Meigs Field is supposed to be supported by the product page, which was the reason I bought the city. I guess I will get a reply from @DD Stanislaw about how to solve this.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ifikratis, I guess we would need to collect some more data on this as during our tests everything went perfect. Apparently our product does not provide any mesh data for that particular area. We will try to replicate the problem which would almost be the same as fixing it.

Wise87 if possible, please limit the messages to support requests only, this would make our support job much more efficient. Thanks! :)
Daedalus
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Daedalus »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 29 Apr 2019, 18:39 Ifikratis, I guess we would need to collect some more data on this as during our tests everything went perfect. Apparently our product does not provide any mesh data for that particular area. We will try to replicate the problem which would almost be the same as fixing it.

Wise87 if possible, please limit the messages to support requests only, this would make our support job much more efficient. Thanks! :)
Thank you for the reply! Please let me know if I can provide you any details about my installation to figure out the problem. I tried moving Chicago X in my scenery library above or below ORBX Meigs Field but did not solve the problem. Actually moving Meigs Field above Chicago X, I had no mesh issue but I lost all 3D buildings in Chicago X.
Scandinavian
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Scandinavian »

I have similar problems with Orbx Meigs and FreeMeshX USA
Daedalus
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Daedalus »

PILOT's mesh is not the source of the problem. If I disable it completely, I still see the same elevation problem at KCGX.
Daedalus
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Daedalus »

@DD Stanislaw, could you provide me with some more reassurance and time frame of when this can be fixed? Today I did not got any suggestion from you and the collection of data can take time I guess. However, I did my order today and I now can't use KCGX which was the main reason I ordered the scenery. Can you be more precise on when this can be solved or tell me what to try?
kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kmelz »

I'm also have the same issues with the same products. However, I was able to correct it by disabling "CVX_CHI_Mesh.BGL" and renaming it to "CVX_CHI_Mesh.off".

The only problem I have right now is the ChicagoX Adler Planetarium showing at the same time as OrbX's Adler Planetarium. Is there any way to exclude ChicagoX's Adler from displaying?
Daedalus
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Daedalus »

kmelz wrote: Monday 29 Apr 2019, 23:59 I'm also have the same issues with the same products. However, I was able to correct it by disabling "CVX_CHI_Mesh.BGL" and renaming it to "CVX_CHI_Mesh.off".

The only problem I have right now is the ChicagoX Adler Planetarium showing at the same time as OrbX's Adler Planetarium. Is there any way to exclude ChicagoX's Adler from displaying?
Thank you! This fixed the issue for me too. Could it be that the installer "ORBX Meigs Compatibility" option was supposed to disable that file but it didn't?

Only issue I agree is Alder Planetarium. In my case I see the planetarium floating from the ground.
Daedalus
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Daedalus »

Daedalus wrote: Tuesday 30 Apr 2019, 00:44 Only issue I agree is Alder Planetarium. In my case I see the planetarium floating from the ground.
Also the Shedd Aquarium is floating if I disable the CVX_CHI_Mesh.BGL .
kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kmelz »

I don't know. Its possible? I haven't tried both install options yet.

Another possibility I'm looking into is adding OrbX Meigs as an addon.cfg entry....In its current state the FTX app adds in Meigs into the scenery.cfg whose entries are a lower priority than those in addon.cfg. ChicagoX is in addons.cfg while Meigs is not.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Guys, we got your report and it will be fixed asap. No need to do it my yourself.