DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

EETN Tallinn v2 XP

Post by DD Stanislaw »

EETN Tallinn v2 XP by Drzewiecki Design
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodEETN_XP.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

ImageImageImage
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The product is now available!
jiggyb2
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jiggyb2 »

Just bought this today after using a privately converted copy of the FSX version - Its wonderful having official lights support, and the scenery was gorgeous to begin with!

One small thing I noticed, the installer didn't seem to install static aircraft with the Statics + HDR option. Fortunately I still had the converted copy so I just added them from that, but others may want these in!

Looking forward to seeing more X-Plane releases from you soon!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Jackson.
Thank you for that info - I will check that.
Best regards
Stanislaw
Kede
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Kede »

Hello,

at first it's a great scenery and I thank you for bringing it to X-Plane.

I have the same problem like Jackson but when I install Flood 2D Lights with static planes, then they appear.

BR
Lars
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Yes, this is a confirmed issue, it will be fixed at the nearest update soon.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This file , when put to X-Plane 10\Custom Scenery\EETN_Tallinn_XP_high\Earth nav data\+50+020, should enable static aircraft back, together with HDR lights. If possible, please let me know if it works fine for you. If it does, I will publish a v1.1 update of the whole installer.
Best regards
Stanislaw
Kede
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Kede »

Hello Stanislaw,

thanks for the file. Yes, static aircrafts are visible with HDR now.

BR
Lars
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

A Mac/Linux install version of this product has been sent to stores!
Aeropictor
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Aeropictor »

DD Stanislaw wrote:A Mac/Linux install version of this product has been sent to stores!
Thank you very much, I bought the product and managed to install it using Wine, but it was not completely successful, the Navaids caused some problems in X-Plane.
Many thanks for your global support.

Remi fromstrasbourg.
wigry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Broken Gates

Post by wigry »

I just bought an X-Plane version of Tallinn scenery and most interesting part for me to check out first was the red/white colored hangars near the back edge of the airport, because thats the place I rent an aircraft in real life and go to fly. So I took a helicopter and flew there and thats what I saw - the gates are trashed on the ground! Not very nice sight. Any idea if there is plan to put the gates upright?

Second thing was that our national library in middle of the town was all black instead of nice and beige as it is in real life :)

Other than that, the scenery was very well done and really good job. Thank you very much.

Question: Is there any way to attach pictures to the post other than to provide a link? I have a screenshot from the described situation but no possibility to attach pictures to the post.

EDIT: As I also bought the FSX version of Tallinn scenery, then I compared and in there, the aforementioned gates are in place and even animated in FSX version of the scenery - really great to have the same thing working in X-Plane. However if it is not possible / hard to animate the gates, just put them in place and I would be satisifed :)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Oh, it must have been a faulty conversion. Will be fixed for the next update.
wigry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by wigry »

Thank you for the answer. Another question though. How about the scenery elevation? Is it all in constant elevation or does the scenery consider real data? I tried to replay recording from real aircraft and the aircraft was floating something like 5 meters off the ground whereas it should be on the ground (verified with X-Plane's default scenery). However if your scenery is using average elevation and is all flat, then this side effect is understandable.

[ Added: Thu Nov 20, 2014 20:43 ]
And reporting another issue I found.

Runway apprears to be with two layers. Lower is the hard one where the aircraft rests, and the upper layer is approximately 1 meter higher near the runway and taxiway D intersection. Also if you pan around, then the runway center lights are on the lower layer whereas the runway markings are on the upper layer meaning that depending on the viewpoint, the centerlights might not be on the center actually.

So it is really weird phenomena - aircraft is sitting about 1 meter deep inside the semi-transparent ground. Like in some sort of a jelly or water :) The runway markings are on the top layer so you are sitting really close to them, like sitting literally on the ground.

Must mention that the issue is clearly visible on X-Plane 10.31 64-bit. Tested also with 10.22 and the double runway issue is almost elliminated (still barely visible). So probably some compatibility issue with 10.30+ where the scenery stuff was overhauled.
theOlmn
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by theOlmn »

Hi,

I also have a problem with navaid. After i install the scenery according to manual, X-plane crashes and says "Failed to open Custom Scenery/EETN_Tallinn_XP_high/NAVAIDS/7.obj : the file cannot be opened."

Any ideas how to fix it?
wigry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by wigry »

First check if the file is there and second make sure the permissions are correct and you have read access to the file.

[ Added: Mon Nov 24, 2014 23:05 ]
There has been issues reported regarding the NAVAIDS OBJ files shipping with the scenery. I had a look at them, and first all 8 files (1.OBJ-8.OBJ) are EXACTLY the same:

Code: Select all

I
OBJ

TEXTURE	1.png
POINT_COUNTS	4 0 0 6

VT	   1.0000   -2.0211    1.0000	 0.000  1.000 -0.000	0.0    0.0   
VT	  -1.0000   -2.0211    1.0000	 0.000  1.000 -0.000	0.0    0.0   
VT	  -1.0000   -2.0211   -1.0000	 0.000  1.000 -0.000	0.0    0.0   
VT	   1.0000   -2.0211   -1.0000	 0.000  1.000 -0.000	0.0    0.0   

IDX	0
IDX	1
IDX	2
IDX	0
IDX	2
IDX	3

TRIS	0 6
Second, this particular OBJ file does really not any sense. It has 4 vertices (4 lines starting with VT) and 2 triangles (6 IDX lines each defining one corner of the triangle, so 2 triangles). So basically you are defining a 3D object with only 2 faces forming a flat surface. Is that really intentional way of replacing the default NAVAIDS objects shipping with X-Plane?