Latest version: v2.3 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
SODE combination for our products is actually Shift+D. :wink:
As far as I know only the SODE developer is able to change those key mappings.
phantomflyer
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by phantomflyer »

Thanks for the reply but I am definitely getting the SODE pop up window with SHIFT+MINUS. I can show you a screen shot to prove it if you like. The only way to close that window is by pressing 1

Best regards,

Bill

[ Added: Wed Sep 02, 2015 03:36 ]
I have 2 screenshots that I cannot upload so I will have to describe them:

SHIFT+MINUS gets the pop up window saying "SimObject display engine (c) Jeffrey Staehii"

SHIFT+D gets the pop up window saying only "Drzewieki design" on it.

This must mean I have a conflict? Or Jeffrey Staehii is another scenery designer that added their own SimObject display engine?

How do I post a screenshot?
If it works, try not to fix it
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Jeffrey is the author of SODE and default SODE's combination is indeed SHIFT+MINUS while there are also customized key mappings done for commercial developers like us - we've got Shift+D. I think this information is fully covered in the product's manual, isn't it?
phantomflyer
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by phantomflyer »

I don't know the answer to that because I cannot find what other scenery I bought that uses Jeffrey's key mapping SHIFT+MINUS but I will certainly search for it. I bought several (literally dozens) scenery packages. I just wish I could get rid of this pop up window every time I use an FSX default key assignment for "decrease selection slightly". Why would he write a program that overlaps an FSX default? I actually deleted that default but still have his SODE pop up window but I had to actuate it again because I need to use SHIFT+MINUS to zoom out in my PMDG 777 VC. I will go register at his site and ask him how to address this issue,

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

He is actually here on this very forum so lets hope he can provide some tips on solving this problem.
The Shift+minus combination is a default combination for the program to launch while it is also possible to launch customized versions of it with another shortcuts - like it is done with Shift+D and our products.

I don't think there are any other commercial sceneries so far using SODE.
phantomflyer
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by phantomflyer »

LOL! I just was allowed membership and posted at FS Developer where he is active! Oh well, I have all my bases covered then...

Thank you again!

[ Added: Wed Sep 02, 2015 22:41 ]
Actually I simply changed the default "selection (decrease slightly)" from SHIFT+Minus to CTRL+SHIFT+Minus and the problem is solved!

All the best !
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yeah, the easiest solution is often the best :)
Er!k
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Er!k »

Hello, is there a guide how to configure the SODE jetways with my Aerosoft Airbus? For example, I am using the A321 right now at stand 30, but the gate is connecting incorrect, although I am parked exactly right.

Thanks!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Did you read the manual? It describes in detail how to connect to jetways at UUEE.
phantomflyer
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by phantomflyer »

Hello Stanislaw,

I'm just posting to advise the problem I initially addressed here is all resolved now - the FSDeveloper folks gave me a link to update SODE (mine was way out of date) and all my problems are fixed.

Seeing this is taking a turn into how to operate jetways, I really don't need any help there so I will untick email notifications for this one after this post; most importantly to assist Erik before I go - I highly advise reading the SODE manual - it can save you lots of time.

Thanks for assisting me - greatly appreciated.
Bill
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, SODE works differently in UUEE than for example in our EPWA. Jetways there (UUEE, EETN etc) can only dock to a predefined location only while in EPWA they can dock to actual aircraft doors.
Er!k
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Er!k »

Thanks guys, purchased both EPWA and UUEE and noticed EPWA was fine, but UUEE was not. Now I see I have to be picky with the gates. I will move to AES then! Thanks ;)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Exactly - EPWA was designed with the latest available version of SODE - that version was actually completed together with the airport (same time). UUEE was designed with the previous version of SODE, which only means, that the animation works a bit differently as jetways dock to predefined locations. Please look in the manual - everything is described there in detail.
Djembe
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Djembe »

Hello
I have UUEE version 1.4 but i allways have some problem with the scenery, when i am on the approach. The sim stop for arround 4 seconds.
I see some people post the same problem before.
Delete "SODE_Samples.xml" file do not work for me. i stil have the same problem.

I have this scenery from the first version, and allways have the same problem.I do not fly to UUEE because this problem.
This problem allso stop me to buy more Drezewiecki products.
Now i am interested in buy EPWA. But i will wait untill i get a solution for UUEE.

Thanks

Robert
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I guess it is related to SODE module, as far as Jeffrey tried to explain.
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums ... ngine.143/
Anyway a new version v1.3 is coming which will not be backwards compatible, so this is going to be redone anyway.