KDCA Washington National MSFS

Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

msfstucson
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Matthew

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by msfstucson »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 26 Dec 2022, 07:36 Honestly, we have no idea what could cause such an ATC issue. Was it only once or did you notice it more times? If you were able to replicate this issue, which runway and which approach was it? Have you tried to make some standard operation like rebuild SceneryIndexes or find out the prioritization of our scenery for MSFS?
Thanks for the response! It could be the prioritization. How can I go about checking that? or rebuild the SceneryIndexes? But I unfortunately notice it 98% of the time, both arriving and departing, DCA. I thought it was just for RWY 1 but it's for all RWYs. If it also helps for troubleshooting purposes, I have Steam and tried reinstalling both addons and the game itself and did the Steam program file check which turned out normal.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

We've never received such a report, so it's a little bit surprising. Firstly, please try to rebuild SceneryIndexes:
Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 21 Mar 2022, 13:58 SceneryIndexes and content.xml - you need to find the folder with Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ in the name (the rest of the name may vary by system), which should be available here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\ folder

Then please do the backup of SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml (just in case) and remove both. Afterwards start the sim again (it might be a little bit longer than normal).
And try to check the prioritization:
Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 26 Sep 2022, 20:03 According to my knowledge - MSFS introduced the "Package Reorder Tool" (in MSFS general options). You should be able to notice that new entries are listed at the bottom of the list, similar to the scenery.cfg in FSX/P3D. MSFS loads and sorts sceneries based on this list. The higher priority has the addon down the list. Please try to make the right order to see if your problems still exist.
msfstucson
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by msfstucson »

Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 27 Dec 2022, 18:43 We've never received such a report, so it's a little bit surprising. Firstly, please try to rebuild SceneryIndexes:
Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 21 Mar 2022, 13:58 SceneryIndexes and content.xml - you need to find the folder with Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ in the name (the rest of the name may vary by system), which should be available here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\ folder

Then please do the backup of SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml (just in case) and remove both. Afterwards start the sim again (it might be a little bit longer than normal).
And try to check the prioritization:
Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 26 Sep 2022, 20:03 According to my knowledge - MSFS introduced the "Package Reorder Tool" (in MSFS general options). You should be able to notice that new entries are listed at the bottom of the list, similar to the scenery.cfg in FSX/P3D. MSFS loads and sorts sceneries based on this list. The higher priority has the addon down the list. Please try to make the right order to see if your problems still exist.
Yeah let me try doing these, thank you. I will reply further tomorrow and will try to include a screen recording as well. Thank you!!
msfstucson
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by msfstucson »

So sorry for the delay. here is the video of me doing it with the FBW, which is up to date. It happens with native planes, too. The frame rate issue is just from the screen recorder. You can forward to the 4:30 mark of the video. Probably the best time to start it
Link to my one drive file of the video:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmlsdsnPhHnJgvd6Ulk ... g?e=2bnXo4
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

To be very honest I do not see any problem with ATC there, but maybe I'm missing something. Can you describe the problem again? What does it mean that "ATC cuts out"? By the way, have you also tried to see if you see the same problem with a default scenery?
martin brannigan
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: martinbrannigan

Post by martin brannigan »

I have just purchased this airport scenery, and installed it in to MSFS. I have PAXT and RealTraffic running and this is simply . . .stunning !
I took the "Drone Camera" into the Airport Terminals and, I don't know how you have done this but, the whole atmosphere changes and there are
public address announcements about keeping compliant and "Welcome to Ronald Reagan Airport". Even up in the Control Tower you have audio running . . .
I have never come across another piece of airport scenery with this level of detail, just a fantastic job, well done and thank you.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you very much! We try our best!

You should check out our newest Newark - it has even more details. :)
nmahink
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Nafsir

Post by nmahink »

Hello, I purchased KDCA from the marketplace, GSX pro is not able to read the AFCAD due to marketplace encryption, is it possible to request an unencrypted AFCAD file that way GSX pro can read the AFCAD?
msfstucson
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by msfstucson »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 31 Dec 2022, 16:14 To be very honest I do not see any problem with ATC there, but maybe I'm missing something. Can you describe the problem again? What does it mean that "ATC cuts out"? By the way, have you also tried to see if you see the same problem with a default scenery?

Sorry for the delay in responding. but I am just going to try doing a hard wipe of flight sim data on my computer and will reinstall it. Hopefully that will work. By "cutting out" I meant that ATC voices would be talking and then all of the sudden the audio just stops. ATC then becomes unusable. It's weird. But yeah, I'll try reinstalling the whole game and addons again
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

nmahink wrote: Sunday 08 Jan 2023, 21:37 request an unencrypted AFCAD
In the case of GSX Pro, we can only suggest the following option: viewtopic.php?t=534
msfstucson wrote: Sunday 08 Jan 2023, 23:00 I'll try reinstalling the whole game and addons again
Thank you for your response. Let us know about the results.
nmahink
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by nmahink »

On the product page it says the cartyana files are not compatible with the marketplace version, the FSDT manuals and forums said to request the AFCAD from the developer
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

The installer of the Marketplace version is NOT done by us - such things as encryption or lack of additional options are not our fault.

Please also take into consideration the fact that there is no separate file like AFCAD in MSFS. There is one file responsible for almost everything - object placement, terrain, jetways, etc. I just don't know how we can help you. I suggest discussing this issue with Asobo, not with us.
nmahink
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by nmahink »

Thank you for the clarification!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Actually, as far as I know, Cartayna succeeded in making the configs compatible with the Marketplace versions but it is better to ask them directly.
Joker328
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Chris

Post by Joker328 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 02 Nov 2022, 14:50 Hi.
No, the jetway animation was messed up by one of the sim updates. Probably about 1/3 of the jetways are currently unusable, the rest work fine.
We are currently working on jetways in the upcoming KEWR Newark and thoroughly analyzing the jetway behavior. After KEWR Newark is released, we will be able to fix KDCA jetways too. They have to be animated and exported again to work properly
(the good thing is that we know how to fix them).
Now that KEWR has been out for a month, is there an update on when the jetway issue will be fixed at KDCA? It is very annoying to only have a handful of functional gates at a payware airport.